Thread: Need to disable the touchpad with mouse connected in Windows 7

Need to disable the touchpad with mouse connected in Windows 7

I expect somebody be able to assist; lately we installed Windows7 on the way to our laptops. Previous to that, I have my touchpad disabled when I make use of an external device. Not anything else has changed, as well as no searches come back functioning in sequence. I am keen on the way to out-of-date operating system information or else further workaround drivers.Please inform how I am able to go again my laptop on the way to how I desire it to function. Once more, I am familiar with it is not an additional driver as has been recommended in other threads as not anything altered except for my version of the operating system.Thank you.

Re: Need to disable the touchpad with mouse connected in Windows 7

I have been struggle by means of this trouble yet in view of the fact that I installed 7 64 bit. Tonight I establish the answer.The Dell location has Windows 7 drivers designed for the Inspiron 1545. I now downloaded as well as installed the touchpad single as well as it functions for my 1420. No additional harass!I have as well examined so as to the drivers for the music as well as volume key for the 1545 work also. I by no means make use of my music buttons as well as the volume popping up on the display what time I make use of my volume buttons is not a large deal, as a result I am not certain regarding those.

This is huge! Thank you for your valuable suggestion.I encompass a DELL Vostro 1700 which I newly upgraded on the way to Windows7 64 bit. The DELL website does not catalog any Windows 7 drivers intended for this model that I be able to discover.On the other hand, I have also downloaded as well as ran the driver for the Inspiron 1545 furthermore it functions similar to a charm. Particularly the small check box that state "Disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in".

Don’t worry too much. This is not an single laptop problem at the same time as you declared. I encompass a Toshiba that provide me the alternative on the way to "disable touchpad at what time external mouse is connected" as well as on one occasion Windows 7 was installed this alternative was no longer obtainable. Contacting the manufacturer intended for hold up by means of this will not assist for the reason that it is an OS problem and not a laptop problem.

I have the same opinion; it is almost certainly Windows 7 associated however it will be up on the way to the laptop brand to problem a Resolve. There has got to be somewhat by means of Windows 7 which disables the alternative for the reason that of subject by means of the driver. Intended for my Samsung S580 I establish a latest driver from their website. I am downloading it presently and I was not aware whether this will make your mind up the problem or not. This computer is just a small month old as well as the touchpad or else is workings huge as a result the latest drivers have to resolve it.

I finally found a solution to the infamous problem of not being able to disable the Inspiron's touch pad after I upgraded from Vista to Win7 32bit.

I had to install an older touchpad driver to make this work. The driver is Dell R165804, this driver is labeled "Dell Touchpad Driver for XP/2K and Vista 32" when I installed it in my Inspiron 1545 it added the Dell Touchpad tab to my mouse settings under the control panel. Then I opened the control panel, clicked "mouse", under the Touch Pad tab click on the picture of the touch pad. I was then able to click "Device Select" and check the box that says "Disable Touchpad when external USB device is present".

Now when the USB mouse is attached the touchpad is disabled and I don't have my cursor jumping around while typing due to my fat thumbs touching the mouse pad.

Hope this helps someone else out there!