Thread: System GPU requirement for Flash Player 10.2

System GPU requirement for Flash Player 10.2

Can anyone clear my doubts regarding the GPU requirements for the Flash Player 10.2? I have checked out the technical specifications for this Flash Player from the adobe’s official site and it stated there that “AMD/ATI hardware decoding of H.264 video in Flash Player 10.2 is supported on AMD/ATI products with UVD2”.

But one of my friends read somewhere that the other supported GPU is Radeon HD 3xxx and higher and it states that the HD 3xxx series only supports UVD+ specification. Can anyone let me know whether the HD 3xxx series was listed in error on the spec page or everything is correct?

Re: System GPU requirement for Flash Player 10.2

It is better that the Adobe official people make a complete entire list of the supported GPUs for the Flash Player h.265 acceleration so that the users could probably be able to make out the appropriate spec required to be available with them for the desired Flash player version.

The reason I am requesting for such thing is that even I am going to buy a new notebook. But I am not aware the spec I should possibly go for in order to fulfill the flash player requirement.

There must be a complete table with the supported GPUs and drivers for the first released version to the latest to be released version of this player. This table should be able to make out which card with driver and OS supports the GPU acceleration including the Flash Player version.

Once if you visit Wikipedia and type “Unified Video Decoder”, you could get the entire list or table for UVD for GPUs. Over there it has been clearly mentioned that HD 3xxx series only supports UVD+ specification, also everyone knows that the flash player 10.2 is entirely supported by the AMD hardware with a UVD2 support which in turns comes in the list of Radeon HD 3xxx series as supported.

If you check out in other forums, they say that the 3xxx is not at all supported as the H.264 Video Post-processing is not implemented by it in the UVD hardware.

Not just they should create a table of the H Video Post-processing GPU compatibility but they should also try to make them with the limitations and exceptions.

Now for e.g. it is quite impossible to know whether the HD graphic of intel is supported or not. I am very much concerned with the Celeron G530 which very much powerful, cheap and low power consuming but somehow supported in the flash player GPU acceleration. Including the limitations also along with the table they must create text information that would somehow help the customer.

I already requested about all such things. I have also got the info for the hardware decoding for H264 for both AMD and Intel:
    AMD
    • Radeon: Radeon HD4xxx and above
    • Mobility Radeon: Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx and above
    • Motherboard: Radeon HD3xxx and above

Intel
    • Intel 4 series chipsets /GMA4500 MHD/G45
    • GMA500: Some MIDs, majority of Netbooks. Atom Z series processors with GMA500 chipset
    • GN40 netbook with N280 processor

I am very much concerned with the Celeron G530 which very much powerful, cheap and low power consuming but somehow supported in the flash player GPU acceleration. Including the limitations also along with the table they must create text information that would somehow help the customer.

As according to my knowledge about Celeron I can only say that it is using Extreme Graphics 2 which is actually very much old and also not using and supporting the hardware decoding.

Anyhow in the case of intel HD graphics you should be probably get both the decode and rendering on the GPU, if you have this system you can somehow provide us the dxdiag report in order to get the device ID.

I guess the Flash player on the Linux system wont support the hardware acceleration, I am not sure with this but heard somewhere. Also let me tell you that the GPU of my system is actually not compatible with the flash acceleration, in the case is same with most of the other user. Including the windows system.