Thread: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

Here I am facing really a very annoying issue. Actually in this each time when I boot up a number of the USB slots do not work. A check of the system demonstrates that four of the USB2 drivers are not working. I am able to fix it, but the trouble is there the next time I boot up. Why does it 'loose' the driver each time? So if regarding this issue anybody have any suggestion then please post it over here.

Re: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

The matter seems to be happened by some mismatched devices which are going to attach to the computer. So regarding this I want some information from your side. Actually here I want to know that since when you are facing this kind of issue. And in this do you remember the making any changes on your computer? And last thing that what are the steps did you attempt to fix the subject temporarily?

Regarding your issue I know one thing in that I hope you will be able to fix your issue. So if you want then you are able to try this in this you have to first disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives, etc...)Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. And if this will help you then you have to add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware which is causing the issue. Then after this you just get the updated drivers\software for the device.

If you are still not getting the solution after trying the solution which is given above so you are allow to use this trick I hope this will help you. In this I suggest you to run the hardware Troubleshooter and later then check for the issue. And after this you just Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and after that clicking Control Panel. In the search box, you type troubleshooter, and then tick Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, tick Configure a device. If you are prompted for an administrator password or verification, type the password or provide verification. Access the link underneath to identify more regarding Hardware Troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...troubleshooter

I have one more solution for this so if you want then you are also allow to go for this. In this you first uninstall the drivers for USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller and restart the computer. Give permission Windows install the generic drivers and then observe if it helps you to fix the issue.
    1. Open Device Manager by ticking the Start button, then Device Manager in the search box.
    2. If you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, type the password or provide verification.
    3. Seem for the device under USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller, right click on it and pick Uninstall.
    4. Reboot the computer.
    5. On reboot, Windows 7 should re-install the drivers routinely.

And after trying this if you get your solution then please inform me over here then I come to know that this trick is working. So just give a try to this.

I have tried this. And I have tried all the solutions which are given over here but in this the trouble is still there and it is along with all the USB devices disconnected. And when I tried the second one in that it fixes my issue temporarily, but on re-boot the problem returns. And the last solution when I have tried this in that Windows 7 re-installs the drivers, but on re-boot the trouble returns. The trouble is making the fixes permanent.