Thread: Windows 7 not recognizing LaCie hard drive

Windows 7 not recognizing LaCie hard drive

I contain a LaCie external USB hard drive which formatted as FAT32 and that demonstrates up as a device in the control panel but do not emerge as a drive or additional device in the Windows Explorer. The drive includes my music library. So I must have to solve this problem anyhow. But I can’t find any way to do this. Therefore I just require some advice on how to find or access this drive?

Re: Windows 7 not recognizing LaCie hard drive

Do you observe any yellow or red exclamation mark in device manager? I would recommend you to open Disc management and verify if the drive is detected there, here are the some steps which may help you:
    1. Release Computer Management by simply clicking on the Start button- click Control Panel- click System and Security- click Administrative Tools and after that twice click on Computer Management. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or verification, type the password or give confirmation.
    2. In the left windowpane, click Disk Management.

If the hard drive makes out in the disc management and if there is no drive letter allocated, I would recommend you to right click on the drive and allocate a drive letter and make sure if it assists:
    1. Right click on the drive to modify, and after that click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    2. Perform one of the following:
      • To allocate a drive letter if one has not previously been allocated click Add; click the letter which you wish to use, and after that click ok.
      • To modify a drive letter, click Change, click on Assign the following drive letter, click on the letter which you wish to make use of, and after that click ok.
      • To eliminate a drive letter, click Remove, and after that click Yes to verify that you wish to eliminate it.

I contain the literal similar problem. On the other hand, I cannot observe the external hard drive on the disc management screen; there are just the internal drive partitions. As the laplapye says, the drive emerges in the devices screen, but will not come out in windows explorer, so there is no means to release the drive and access the files. I attempted updating the driver but to no benefit.

This resolution does not work for me. I contain the similar problem with LaCie Rikiki 640 GB with NTFS partition. Recognized but do not obtain a drive letter. While I attempted the above explanation I acquire the below error message:
    • "The operation unsuccessful to finish because the disk management console view is not advanced Refresh the view by utilizing refresh task. If the trouble persevere close disk management console, after that resume disk management or start again computer."

Not anything of the over assists the drive stays undetected and message repeats. By The Way the drive works well on an additional computer!

I had the similar trouble, but I have get to the bottom of it! For me, I was gone in "Computer Management" or if you wish you can do it in "Device Manager" Window. Here are a few ways which I had utilized:
    1. Control Panel - Administrative Tool - Computer Management
    2. In left windowpane simply click on "System Tools" later than click on "Device Manager"
    3. Plug your external hard disk in computer and begin it
    4. In the "Computer management" Window device emerge while the computer spots the novel device who plug.
    5. in the Device Panel, click on “Other devices”
    6. "LaCie Hard Drive USB" emerge, Right-click on icon
    7. Choose "Update Driver Software" and select "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Lastly the "Other devices" icon will vanish and your External Hard Disk go in "Disk Drives" and you can release your Hard Disk.