Thread: Windows 7 is not detecting a Canon canoscan 8000F when attached through USB port.

Windows 7 is not detecting a Canon canoscan 8000F when attached through USB port.

Hello! Friend I have just before a month brought Canon canoscan 8000F. I have installed Windows 7 in my PC. But just now I have tried to attach the printer with PC with the USB port. But my PC doesn't detect a Canon canoscan 8000F as an attached machine. And then I have made attempt of unplug, I have restarted my PC and again I have removed USB and tried to attach with all the other USB port present in the PC. But all these activity are failed to detect Canon canoscan 8000F. Please help me how my computer will detect device. Every idea is appreciated and I will try every idea.
    Last edited by boyert 15; 05-12-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Re: Windows 7 is not detecting a Canon canoscan 8000F when attached through USB port.

Hello! Boyert, I will advise you to try to connect your printer to other computer having Window XP to detect that it’s happening due to Window 7. And you will get confirmation that the trouble is due to your printer or not. And also you should attempt to connect using a different USB cable, because it might be due to cable is not proper. And if you find any that this issue is due to device then you can go to the seller and ask for warranty. Help device might not be the issue.

Re: Windows 7 is not detecting a Canon canoscan 8000F when attached through USB port.

Hi! Boyert, in recent time I have suffered with the same problem, for a CanoScan 4200F that I brought for a year before. It was working well on XP, although I had completely no matter with Window Vista, but later when I installed drivers from Canon site, in my case I was able to detect my scanner under Control Panel, but it was not accessible from any application such as MS outlook etc. I brought the original Compact Disk once again, and installed the collection softwares like ScanGear, PhotoStudio, etc and I could use yet again my scanner through PhotoStudio. Strangely while, neither MS Fax and nor MS Paint, Scanner seem to identify it now, and on the other side ArcSoft PhotoStudio was bunting by Window 7 has having compatibility problems.

Hello! Friends I think this is due to the drivers that you are using is outdated. So my suggestion is to first download the latest driver from the respective site. And then disconnect the USB that you have attached with the PC and the Scanner, and uninstall the old driver that you have installed in your PC form driver pack and also from device manager. After uninstalling the old driver restart you computer and install the new driver that you have downloaded from site. And choose to install in compatible mode. After installing, try to attach the scanner with the PC using USB cable.