Thread: Scanner installation problem on Windows 7

Scanner installation problem on Windows 7

I have quite a stupid problem with my printer / scanner. The printing works fine, scanning that worked with the All-in-one device but not as it was then always, there is no device connected. Since not reboot etc. worked, I uninstalled the printer / scanner and wanted to reinstall it. This was of course totally in your pants, because it installing it means that the operating system is not supported (supports only 2000, XP, Vista). Then can I have now done a system restore to uninstall, so that I can print at least once again. If I want to scan, it now says: "Parsing error in file C rogram Files (x86) \ HP \ Digital Imaging \ bin \ hpqscloc \ 1033 ". Does anyone have an idea to bring the scanner up and running despite Windows 7? The unit is only about a year old. It is the HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One. I also tried several times to install the device in compatibility mode, both with Vista and with XP. Even in Safe mode of the computer system I have tried to restart the device is in compatibility mode. But it is not working in that also, is there any solution for the problem that I am facing.

Re: Scanner installation problem on Windows 7

I do not know whether you like your HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one have taken to run on Windows 7, in my case the is about 6280 FritzBox USB remote connection problem with the driver for Vista! HP Switch off and disconnect USB connection to computer. Uninstall from Start - Programs - HP - uninstall routine. The removal process is complete when displayed under Control Panel no longer linked to an HP component. If there still HP to see his entries, delete please. Hidden files display: Go to the Control Panel of your computer system, regarding the "Folder Options" and then switch to the View tab. Here, please put on the hook "Show hidden files and folders". Then please click "Apply" and "Ok". Now check the PC to the following entries: Open the folder Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras and delete the HP product in question here all entries. Open the folder Control Panel / Printers and Faxes and delete the HP product in question here all the entries. Open the folder: C: \ Documents and Settings \ [your user] \ Application Data and delete the folder "HP". The c: \ delete program files (Hewlett-Packard or HP) (if you have not installed any other HP devices). Click on Start -> Run, enter the following to open a "% temp%", confirm the entry with "OK". Open your account, delete its contents. If not all files can be deleted, repeat this step for a contact and then reboot your computer system. Delete the HP software from the Registry. Please check in the registry, even if "Hewlett-Packard" entries are on your computer: Click Start -> Run -> "regedit" (regedit Please enter) -> "OK". For safety, please save your registration must first file! Follow these steps: Menu item "File -> Export -> choose to" export area "to select" All "-> give the file a name and save it in a folder of your choice. Delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \" please see "Hewlett-Packard" and "HP" - folder, if present. Likewise, please proceed in the folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ "here again, delete the folder" Hewlett-Packard "and" HP ". Open the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" then the key "SYSTEM". Here are depending on the number of "CONTROLLSETS" Please, following steps in each "CONTROLLSET" from. Please follow these steps do with the key "CURRENTCONTROLLSET". Open the key "CONTROLLSET001" then the key "ENUM" They do a right click on that key. Select "Permissions" for the Everyone group, check the "Full Control". Now press "Apply" and then "OK". Now open the key "ENUM" then "USB". Here you will find keys that start with "VID_. Delete all keys with "VID_0000" and "VID_03f0" begin, in which you select it and press the Delete key. Then confirm it with "Yes". Run this now left with the over "CONTROLLSETS". Now run the file "uninstall.bat" of the HP software CD. Insert the driver CD again, and possibly stop the automatic installation wizard by clicking Cancel. Then, open the Windows Explorer / My Computer. Make a right click on the CD / DVD drive where you inserted the HP software CD and select "Open". Open the folder "util". Run the file "uninstall.bat" If you is the file extension ". Bat does not appear in this case, use the file" uninstall ". This uninstaller has 4 levels which have to be sequentially started. To scroll through the 4 levels, this file 4 times with a double click to start (where level can take 4 about 30 minutes until it is ready. Important note: When using the software from the HP website, see the "uninstall.bat" as follows: Then, open the Windows Explorer / My Computer and double click on C: (Local Disk). Open the folder "Temp" then "Web Release". Run the file "uninstall.bat". If you see the file extension " After that go in the Device Manager in the menu bar, click "View" and select "Show Hidden Devices. You will be able to see in Device Manager the item entitled "Multifunction Adapters", then click the respective item with the right mouse button and select "Uninstall". Repeat this step for any additional entries from HP.

If you want to reinstall this thing then for re-installation, note the following: Restart Computer. Log on as Administrator. Disable antivirus and firewall. Install the HP software again. When asked to connect the USB cable to set a hook device for use at a later date or device is switched off. Upon successful installation and PC reboot the HP device using the USB cable to the PC. If the software and run the unit successfully and without errors, you can activate your antivirus and firewall. Before you install the software, turn off the background programs on the system configuration: go to "Start / Run and type in" msconfig " and Switch to the tab "startup" and select on "Disable All" and restart the PC, so that the change is committed.

I uninstalled everything and deleted what it was, I followed the directions exactly. In the subsequent installation of the HP-CD but again came the message that my operating system is not supported - and end. Then again I have to install the Vista driver tried. The installation succeeds hereby that does printing. But it is exactly as before, when I want to open HP Solution Center, states: "No HP devices have been detected HP Solution Center will close now." The funny thing is (that was before but even so) when I scan on Paint ("From Scanner or Camera") or via the Windows Fax and Scan ", then does the scanning! However, this is very complicated, first and second, you can save the scan as an image file and not, for example, as a pdf. Well, still better than nothing. The problem is, therefore, that the Solution Center Open simply cannot. Although printing and scanning works fine in a roundabout way, says the Solution Center, it would not connect a device.

I am really amazed that it runs at least a device from the Photosmart series as a scanner. I have the Photosmart 3310 which prints only under Windows 7, fax and scan with the Windows 7 Device detection is not feasible. It is connected with my LAN. Installation of All-in-one Vista 64 bit driver for Windows 7 64-bit breaks with the reference on the wrong Windows version that is used. Is there any remedy for this kind of problem?