Thread: Can't enable SLI using 2 GTX 460 SLI and GTS 250 Physx

Can't enable SLI using 2 GTX 460 SLI and GTS 250 Physx

Yesterday I bought a new 3-way SLI motherboard which is NF200 based and two GTX 460 1GB and I also has a Nvidia Geforece GTS 250 which I removed from old PC. What I want to achieve is installing GTX 460 SLI + GTS 250 making a dedicated physx processor. I have successfully installed all 3 but I can’t enable SLI. It seems to be that this option is somewhat missing. What I can I do to bring this option back and enable it?

Re: Can't enable SLI using 2 GTX 460 SLI and GTS 250 Physx

What version of drivers you have installed? Did you try the new version? If this is not working then disable GTS 250 card from device manager. Also disable both realtek sound and ethernet controller if needed using BIOS not uninstalling those. Please ensure that the SLI Bridge is fine. What OS you are currently using? For your achievement it is better to use Windows 7 ultimate x64. If these all the things doesn’t seems to be working then completely reinstall those cards once again by swapping PCI slots.

What motherboard you are using now and what BIOS versions are you having there?? Do you have the latest Intel Inf drivers? If not get those latest INF files from Intel. I heard that many have problems with SLI if the Intel x58 isn’t up to date along with drivers. Also check the motherboard connections once again to ensure that they are proper.

Can you tell whether you are using Tri-SLi bridge or not? If the GTS 250 is attached to the SLI Bridge then I think that SLI option won’t work because it's an unsuited card. The only possible way for is using a normal two-way SLI bridge between your two GTX 460 cards ONLY. Otherwise you will not achieve your goal. If you don’t have this kind of bridge then you can go for some cheap bridges made with ribbon cables.

I asked some expert and they told me that what you are going to do is somewhat not possible. Because 3 way SLI is not a choice with your GTX 460 cards. You can achieve only 2-way SLI. The reason is the third card i.e. is GTS 250 is not a compatible card alongside the 2 GTX 460s. So you can try it by taking out the 250 from your system and use only 2 GTX 460s. This will allows you to go to the SLI option without any issues.

First of all I need to know what driver’s have you tested? While installing graphic card on motherboard you must make sure that the GTX460 on the top PCIE lane, so that it can be views as a default card. Also tell me what PCI-e lanes present in your main board? I think that it may be 2x16PCI and last maybe x8 or x4. It is possible that the PCIE lane where you got Physx card is not supporting realx16. Make sure of these points. It may be very helpful for you.