Thread: Data on Hard Drive / USB

Data on Hard Drive / USB

I want to ask you that if suppose I open any document from my USB key. I edited something in that and saved that document. Does the computer store any copy of the document on the hard drive of the computer. I need some quick replies on this. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Data on Hard Drive / USB

No, I don’t think that it will get stored in the computer’s hard drive. But only if you edited and stored that in the USB drive itself. But yes, it will be shown to the recently opened document. But if anyone tried to open that then it will not get opened if you have removed the USB key. You can also delete it from there. For that you just have to right click on that and select the option for delete. This will remove that from the list of recently opened document.

I would like to tell you that even if you delete that file name from the list of recently opened or viewed document t then also it will be stored in your computer. If you want to check that then you can easily check that. Click on start and select Run from there. In that box you have to type “%temp%” and this will open a new window. Select all the files from there delete that.

Don't worry, if you open any file from the USB key then this will not be going to save in anywhere on your computers hard drive.That is going to be there in your flash drive. And if you want to store that to your computer then there is only one possible way to do this to copy and paste that to your hard drive. So /its up to you that whether you want to keep that document or not.