Thread: Unspecified device error while connecting HP LaserJet 4 Parallel Printer

Unspecified device error while connecting HP LaserJet 4 Parallel Printer

I have DELL computer which runs normally under Microsoft windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit operating system, and I have HP LaserJet 4 Parallel Printer which is connected to this computer through USB to Parallel cable. When I start the printer IEEE-1284 controller display one message that says “Unspecified listing of Devices into control panel” this error message also comes when I print anything for the test print. The strange thing is that READY light is ON but there is nothing like to print anything means nothing print by printer. I have tried so many time and after some time there is one different error message say “*s1M” but I was able to get a test page. I don’t know what is happening to my printer and why it is happen with me. I want a solution for this, so if you have any information related to this problem, then please give it to me; any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unspecified device error while connecting HP LaserJet 4 Parallel Printer

----This type of error your system might throw if in any cases your system has lost the driver or the driver gets corrupted due to any reason. Unspecified Device is the error in your printer is not get properly in the contact with the computer. To fix this problem just remove all the connection and reconnect that again, try this it might help you, that I hope so.

If printer driver get lost from the system you have to suffer from this type of problem. This is also possible if you have not updated your printer driver your printer not works like your requirement. Unspecified device means this printer is not recognized by your system, this problem occur sometime if the card is fitted properly but not properly installed, to fix this just download firmware update and when you finished with this just restart your system. After that again download the update, there is another update available i.e. MosChip PCI parallel port, just download and don’t restart, when done with this connect your printer. I am sure that this might works on your system, if you follow this step.

As per my ideas your computer not recognize your printer if your system is not recognize parallel port PCI has been sorted or get damaged. This is also possible that if this card has loose connection then also you got this error message because this is the only medium by which your system get the main contact with printer, so to fix this remove this card and reconnect again properly. I wish that after trying this solution you might get fulfills your requirement.

---- Most of the time this type of problem only occur in the system if the printer CHIP get corrupted due to any of the technical reason. To fix this problem just call any of the hardware engineers, by which you can solve this problem, there is some possibility that if in any cases printer post and the connection card get damaged and you don’t know how it happen, for this reason you might have to suffer from this problem. So just think over this solution, I hope you can understand it.