Thread: Print Spooler related problems in Windows 7

Print Spooler related problems in Windows 7

Hey presently I am working on windows 7.My Windows 7 is working properly with the printer. But recently I don’t know what happens but because of some reason my print spooler keeps stopping and the printers disappear. I am trying to print 2 to 3 time but every time I am facing the same problem that the Print Spooler Stops Printers Disappear. So please suggest me some solution to get out of it.

Re: Print Spooler related problems in Windows 7

Ok so you have spooler related problem so try this to solve your problem. First Right press on My Computer then choose Manage after that Double press on Services and Application then Double press on Services after that Scroll down to Print Spooler as well as double press on it.Then press on Dependencies tab and then check what dependencies the print spooler has, if any You may require to hit on "+" on those dependencies to more dependencies. Then Go back to the Services list. And then on each of the spooler dependencies, double press on it. After that verify that it is set to Automatic in the Start-up. Then Type drop down menu. Now press on Start to start the service. After that press on OK button. You get solution to your problem.

If you still get getting the same spooler error messages then you can try this to resolve this. First Open a Command Prompt window which you can found in your Start displayed at bottom left of your desktop and after that it is in the list that pops up. After the command prompt display then type “sc config spooler depend= RPCSS” command but keep this in mind that the space after the = but not before. After doing this restart your print spooler.

This problem may happen if an intermediary printer driver or an intermediary service that is installed stops you from adding printers, or if the intermediary printer driver or the intermediary services have effects on the functionality of a recently installed printer. For example, this problem may happen if the Lexmark print service (LexBce Server service) is installed plus is running on your system before you attempt to attach another printer.

Hey even I am facing the similar trouble related to spooler. When I spooled a document in windows 7 with my HP printer. It takes a long time but after taking too much time it print nothing. Has anybody seen the similar behavior? So please tell me what I have to do to solve this issue.

from my opinion this is the print spooler service related Error. So to solve the error you have to follow these steps.
    1. First press on start button after that in "Run box, Type "services.msc" plus press OK.
    2. Get the Printer Spooler service in the windows, Double- press it. Then change its startup type to Automatic.
    3. Then Delete contents of the C:\Windows\System32\spool\printers folder.
    4. At the last restart your system as well as install printer again.

Or you be able to first display the command prompt as well as type in windows 7
    The Code:
    net stop spooler
    del /P /E /S "%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*"
    net start spooler