Thread: Error message :" Add printer" in laptop having Windows 7

Error message :" Add printer" in laptop having Windows 7

Hi my friends ,I have got a Acer laptop system . I had purchased it six months back from eBay website . I use Windows 7 operating system. I have got Intel core 2 duo processor and 160 GB of internal Hard drive space along with 1GB of RAM . But I am facing some hardware related issues. I am trying to connect a printer which is installed on a remote computer that operates on Windows xp . It is a Lexmark printer . But whenever I give the print command , an error message displays “Add printer” along with an error code “0x0000007e “ .I have got some urgent printing work pending, and I do not have any printing shop close to y house, so if anybody has got any idea , how this printing issues can be solved then please reply as soon as you can. Thank you in advance.

Re: Error message :" Add printer" in laptop having Windows 7

Well , I will paraphrase your issue , you said you are not connect a printer which is remotely connected to a Windows Xp based system over LAN, so before going for advanced steps ,it would be better if you try some basic troubleshooting. Did you check the network settings, to connect any device remotely your network should not be weak . Check the drivers of the printer as well , I do not think you should face any issue if you diagnose any of these causes and resolve them. If still not you can upgrade your system using Acer’s update kit.

I was too facing a similar issue, so I just upgraded my Windows Vista to Windows 7 , but since you have already have it in your system so you need not do that . If you have drivers installed , then I think it might not be the printer drivers that is compatible with the operating system which is currently installed in your system so in that case , you can download the drivers of your printer, you will see a list of drivers , select your printer from there and download and install it. Give it a try and see whether it works. ? Please notify me , so that in case if does not work , I can search some other solution for your printer issue.

Yes I think he is correct, you cannot print unless on a remote system unless you have a common system. I have got one solution for you can install the printer locally, in the Start search type run and hit the Enter key. Then in the DOS prompt type the net use command followed by the name of the computer you want to connect , then the name of the printer and a back slash in between them , in the end type the keyword “persistent :yes” after a forward slash. This will help you installing the printer which is remotely located and you can print the documents from your place, but provided that you must have accurate drivers installed in your system.

I too was facing the same issue , could not print on the X5470 printer remote system. I am too having Windows 7 operating system and the pc on which the printer is connected has Windows xp installed. I think perhaps this is the root cause of your issue, you are trying to print on a remote pc with on a different platform, I do not deny that it is not possible, but for that you must do some necessary changes and seek permission from the remote.