Thread: Compare on board and creative sound card

Compare on board and creative sound card

To be obvious I am having Gigabyte Silent GAX38DS5 MB and a Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer sound card. This is a PCI (NOT PCIXPRESS) connected. However, I have often problems with the sound card! I have the feeling after installing the driver my system, or at least the computer system booting slow I mean more than thirty seconds. Also, I hear almost never 5.1 Special only on the front speakers - in spite of correct settings via the Creative software! Now I wanted to ask how the onboard sound card works in this case. What do you think that, I should prefer the Xtreme Gamer throw out or not? In short I just want to know the difference between on board and creative sound card. Thanks in advance for any related replies.

Re: Compare on board and creative sound card

According to me if you need EAX for games, then stick to your X-Fi. Otherwise, the Realtek solutions for home use are fairly decent (RMAA results can be found by search engines). I have a Creative Audigy2ZS in operation. In that case you just need to refer the tutorial for how to delete unwanted sound profiles. I am sure that you will find that thing online. The Creative drivers who have made such an enormous amount of stuff that the computer off is delayed. Sorry to say but this thirty second delay will not get out. Currently I do not know if that is the case with your card too. I hope that this will give you a better idea about the topic.

Actually I want to leave after a long time from the onboard sound card as I have gather from some posts that it worth an upgrade to a proper sound card. I am talking mainly about the sound card music clean, clear and reproduce extensively. This is connected to a Logitech X-540 system. It should therefore support 5.1. I also connect my sound system too often in my DVD player. So they should be fit for film. I play mostly from films that have MP3 or AC3 audio tracks. Currently I am not having the idea related to the cost of the card. Operating system that I am using on my system is Windows 7 and the motherboard is the Asus A8NE-FM (nforce4). I will be waiting for the related reply.

I just want to tell you that, why do you think that is better now, the titanium or the Extreme Music? Is there a significant difference or not give both versions a lot? One more question, in bulk versions I can still access it or not? They come to my knowledge, only without the cables, packaging, that is frills or is on different sound cards? And because of "Windows 7 operating system" there will be no compatibility problems? Don’t mind I just need to know information related to this so that in future I can also plan about the same.

Well here is the answer for your question. Titanium version is the successor of the Extreme Music and has a PCI-E x1 slot. This is precisely the problem that some have not considered. Your Asus A8NE-FM does not have PCI-E x1 slot, so you have to forcibly with the equally good Creative Xtreme Music. The bulk version is the sound card packaged in a protective case and the driver CDs and stickers are included. I hope that you have got the answer for the question that you are looking for.

I think PCI will not so fast. One, two slots will probably block forever because there are enough cards that do not have PCI-E needed and it is only the PCI card is. Sound cards for PCI and thick enough. This is only worth considering as you buy the PCI-E version, if you have quite a few PCI cards that you would also keep in. New boards have indeed been quite a few PCIs. I can say that something cut out the Audigys because it is not acting in the way it should act. Anyway this is the best we can get now.