Thread: Intel core i5 750 processor heats up while encoding the video

Intel core i5 750 processor heats up while encoding the video

I have a particular problem with my core i5 processor. The problem is quite frequent from the last few days. The problem is that my processor heats up whenever i am encoding videos in the computer. I was amazed looking at the temperature. So i had to stop the process and restart my computer. On restart i noticed that it is the same problem. This amazed me because i have not heard of the i core processors facing such problems. So tell me what should i do next. Your suggestions will help me a lot.

Re: Intel core i5 750 processor heats up while encoding the video

I am amazed that your CPU temperature raised so much and nothing happened to your CPU. Anyways these type of problems are normally not encountered in the core processors. Though the situation is unusual you can carry out some steps that will help you to conquer the problem. what you have to check is the cooling fan of the CPU whether its functional or not. If it is not functional then do replace it and if possible do add two cooling fans which will help you in keeping the inside temperature to a low level.

Intel core processors have the facility of the turbo boost which can be the reason behind the rise in the temperature but the advanced processor helps in keeping the temperature constant even in the turbo boost stage. so it may be a any problem with the other parts such as the Heat sink. Check whether the heat sink is placed properly while inserting the processor. Also check whether the bios settings may be its limiting the fan to work on its full potential. The CPU fan should spin at 3000 rpm. So do have a check of the computer and do let me know if it works for you.

I think so you must also try with the cooling paste and if it is not present then you must apply it properly. Now if none of the above specified solution works for you then you must send your processor for the testing purpose to your nearest dealer or to any qualified engineer. They will probably check your system and will better analyze the problem and give you the solution or repair it and give it you. You must seek an advice from them regarding how to keep the system temperature down. This probably will help you.