Thread: Problem with Magic Jack on USB

Problem with Magic Jack on USB

I am having windows xp and also have a Magic Jack on the USB Drive that I am using. As far as I know the magic jack requires two drives for its smooth working but the problem is that I am not having which one to use. It is using my USB and it was taken over the CD drive hence I cannot use this thing at all. If I am removing the Magic Jack it is taking the CD drive with it, I mean that if I am removing the Magic jack then CD drive is also removed. I have already spent lot of time in discussing this issue with the Magic Jack support but did not get the solution for the problem.

Re: Problem with Magic Jack on USB

It seems that the problem is related with the CD drivers and not with Magic Jack. So for solving the problem you can leave the Magic Jack for the time being and check the drivers for your CD rom. You can check this thing in Device manager and check that if your CD drive is present in the list or not. If you can see a yellow triangle over it then you have to install the drivers for that. If this is the problem then just follow the steps that are mentioned above. I am sure that you will not face this kind of problem again. If you have any other issue then let me know, I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

I totally agree with the above reply because the Magic Jack device is small that plugs into the USB port of your computer. To qualify, you can either use headphones to your computer and a microphone or a wireless phone to make phone calls. The device offers free local calls and long distance anywhere in the United States and Canada. In fact, the Magic Jack is very easy to connect and install. All essential elements are included when you use Magic Jack - voicemail, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. The two main differences are the configuration and price. This new technology allows the company behind magicJack to forward calls free over the Internet, saving you hundreds, even thousands, depending on your current configuration.

I am here to expose a small problem rather special and perhaps not enough known yet. Here, I bought two months ago a ''Magic Jack” in the USA, phone that allows free calls from the U.S. and Canada free on all mobile and fixed since those countries, but also from other country (a U.S. number is assigned). I know it is used by people in other countries and then it works. Now here is my problem, I installed perfectly on my computer (a Mac) but when I connected the phone as it is explained, I have no dial tone, and it does not work, I therefore wanted to know if anyone knows, what could it be from? Does the livebox there is not something I have a subscription for unlimited telephone and internet. I hope to find someone who can help me because the phone bills in the U.S. are becoming.

A week ago I bought the famous magicjack and it is curious that all the calls I make to USA. It works well at night and most of the time when I place a call to hear the bell canada in day time it is not working properly I mean it is not answering. I even tried to call my cell and I am able to hear the ringtone on magicJack but not on my laptop. Someone has an idea to give me a hand for solving this issue. Thanks in advance for any kind of related help. I will be waiting for any helpful reply.

For those who have the problem, you can use a voip modem or any other object that occupies the port MagicJack uses, then the GM cannot find its way since it is port 5061, if the port is occupied by another device that includes material that which is creating the no internet connection condition for this hence you are not able to communicate with the device you are having. Try to free the port and it will definitely works, and note that technical support live chat can guide you professionally, I am telling this because I was also facing similar kind of issue but now this issue is resolved for me. Try these steps and then also you are facing the problem then please provide a detail description of your problem.