Thread: Help needed for Raid0

Help needed for Raid0

Can anybody help me out? I using hard disk of WD green 1Tera Byte as of now also I m preparing to purchase another new one. I wish for put these new on the raid 0 configuration. Is it necessary that I should purchase the same WD green hard disk only or some other hard disk I will try it get so can you let me know which one I should buy to get it right??? Will I need to format the entire hard disk before connecting it in raid0??? So please help me out I don’t want to do will keep the same or will buy the new one. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help needed for Raid0

See, it is not sensible if you use two hard disk drive of different speed for RAID-0 configuration then it is a big issue. Assume that it will be strip your files to uniformly sized blocks and saving it either of the two hard disk, if one of the hard disk is slow, then other hard disk too will slow down to match the speed.. So it will crap if you get faster hard disk.in addition, All your data will be repeatedly misplaced if you set up RAID 0 configuration. But do not forget, if one of the hard disk fails, your other hard disk is eventually useless too. You cannot able to recover the data from any of the hard disks. I suggest you not to buy the new one be happy with one hard disk.

I will always recommend you to get the precise same hard disk model for RAID configurations. As you told you have a WD green hard disk so check out for the same one in the market. Since that hard disk should have same speed, cache, storage, etc. But as Howitzer said above is also correct, it is quite risking the computer by setting up a RAID 0 arrays because it may damage the hard disk. Failure of on hard drive will cause the whole system to fail and you format the whole hard again and need to install the whole operating system again. Can you tell me why you require RAID 0?

Because I need to increase the speed of my pc since I installed many soft wares and applications in my pc. I installed many games in my pc which requires huge disk space as well the memory space. So while playing the pc may not slow or any other application I went through it should not cause me any speed problem to me. That is why I need to set up the new hard disk for me. So any other suggestion you have to get rid of this problem.