Thread: How to change the functions of any individual key in a keyboard ?

How to change the functions of any individual key in a keyboard ?

Hi friends, I have got a desktop system, I use Windows Vista operating system and my system has Quad core processor along with that I have 500 GB of internal hard disk space that operates on 2 GB of RAM.I use a Dell branded system, so it is quite obvious that I have a Dell keyboard attached to my system. My question that can the functionality of a keyboard be changed, I mean to say can I make any changes in the functions assigned to a particular key of a keyboard? After making the changes and pressing the keystroke it should function the newly assigned task than the original or real function? Beg me pardon if you think that I have posted this query in a wrong forum section as I am using this forum for the first time.

re: How to change the functions of any individual key in a keyboard ?

An ordinary cause for altering the function of a key in a keyboard is to remove "Caps Lock". Judging from remarks on the Internet, I think I am not only one who thinks to change this Caps lock headache. It is simply a nuisance for many users, if you type and search it in any search engine, you will find over 800,000 pages commenting on this pages. In many occasions I have typed myself all the words in upper case and then deleting the whole content again after getting acknowledged There is one more reason to alter a keyboard’s layout so that you can add different types of functions such as a Windows key function which you will not find in a notebook or netbook’s keypad. Due to very little space, notebook’s manufacturers do not add this key. So many people including myself think Windows key is a very useful key, you can remap alt or ctrl key and assign a windows’ key function to it.

Recently I replaced all the desktops in my office with laptops. But I was not quite comfortable with it because of my delete button which was shifted very far than I actually needed and I am now feeling very inconvenient to use it, I thought of two ways rather to adapt myself and tolerate sprains in my hands, and the second solution was to use Sharp keys. It is software which is absolutely free and by using it you can use your keyboard as you want to. There was extra Want an extra Alt and Shift keys, so why not remap those keys instead of adapting it with the change.

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 also called as MKLC is a also freeware available which can be used to remap the keyboard assignments and can be downloaded easily you must posses validation before you download and use it . It also comes with a separate Vista version which is easily well-matched with the latest Microsoft applications and utilities which will help you to create completely newly assigned keyboard, along with that you will can also tweak the existing keyboards . This version of layout creator will not work without .NET 2.0. But it also has some disadvantages , this layout creator will not allow to disable Caps Lock keys , I think you should either go for SharpKeys or a KeyTweak is also good.