Thread: Advice for purchasing new TV tuner

Advice for purchasing new TV tuner

Please kindly suggest me which good quality TV tuner I should buy for me. Since I purchased my computer at about 2 years ago and hence I want to have a television running on computer as well. So can anyone suggest me that which one I should get for me. I have my pc configuration of the Intel core 2 duo processor, with hard disk of about 320 GB Sata hard disk, I have 1 GB of Ram of Transcend, and my operating system is windows xp service pack 2 pro. I want to purchase this at a reasonable range of about Rs 1000-2000. So can anyone suggest me what should I buy to get the best view of television on my computer. Help will greatly appreciate. So reply me as soon as possible.

re: Advice for purchasing new TV tuner

I suggest you that you can buy any tv tuner which is used for watching the television from the computer. Since it is very nice that you want to buy the new tv tuner for your computer. I suggest you to the buy the Adaptec tuner because it has a nice frequency range. It has a very good picture quality since I also utilize this for last 2 years and even now it has working well for me. Currently the price range of about Rs 2000. The higher frequency of this tv tuner adaptec is about range of Rs 2500. So I suggest you to increase your budget a bit Rs 2500 to buy a good tv tuner.

Since you have bought your computer 2 yrs ago, with good processor of intel core 2 duo. I think tv tuner will work it well on your computer. I suggest you to buy the D link TV tuner card. This TV tuner is one of the best TV tuners in the market so I suggest you to buy this one. The feature of this TV tuner is fairly good because it independent of the pc configuration you have. It is also reasonable to buy this one. It has a finance range of less than Rs 2000. So buy this one because it gives a nice picture quality on the computer as well. At the end it is your choice which one you buy the best for your computer.

I think that buying tv tuner for watching television on your pc is good experience. One of my friends purchased an external Umax TV tuner for Rs 1550 from Andheri, Mumbai. It claimed to compatible with full HD monitors or the LCD monitor. The picture quality was extraordinarily first-class, but within 20 days, its adapter halted to work. Luckily, he was able to get a substitute within five days. Make your own conclusions about the feature of the product, So is suggest don’t buy this one check for the Dell TV tuner it is also cost around Rs 2000.It picture quality is also first- class with good frequency bandwidth. So its your choice which one you will but for your computer.

Re: Advice for purchasing new TV tuner

I want to buy a TV tuner card for my new pc. I need to be able to get a high definition signal from my cable package into my computer. My pc configuration is Win 7, with graphics card of 1 GB Nvidia , 4 GB of Transcend RAM, 360 GB of Seagate hard disk and Intel I3 core processor, so anybody tell me that Which inputs must be used for this new card have to arrange for me to do this and be able to get the high definition channels from Time Warner? Which card(s) do you advise for this? Which cable I must used to connect to the computer for the TV tuner? So anyone has any idea how to connect it properly to get the proper view of the channel. So please recommend me some idea? Help will appreciate.

Re: Advice for purchasing new TV tuner

There is an s-video input, but besides there are two coaxing inputs for cable. There is an input for every tuner on the card. One is for cable, and the extra is for a digital antenna (the one is for HD). It technique to exercise is that it works with the beta software is that you plug your usual wire into the antenna and it choose up whichever unencrypted channels (hd or non hd). It is the best tricks vista media center into thoughts that these unencrypted obvious qam channels are ATSC. If your objective is to be able to look for ENCRYPTED HD channels on your computer, then that is not promising with one of these tv tuners. you require a special cable card for that. i have time warner digital wire and the merely hd channels i can look on my computer are times now,BBC channel 2 other local ones. There is no way to see the additional ones like nat geo, discovery, etc apart from maybe with that cable card i talk about.