Thread: Extension cord blew up on connection

Extension cord blew up on connection

I was working on my computer that i suddenly noticed that my computer just switched off suddenly. So what i did is to restart the computer. So again it started properly for some time and again it switched off. So i opened the cabinet and started it again, during doing this my external cord just blewed away. I tried again with the another extension cord again it blewed away. So where does the problem lie in the existing system. What is causing the blewing of the external cord. Please suggest me something.

Re: Extension cord blew up on connection

I think so there is some problem with the power utilization. May be there is some problem with the power utilization. The hardware may be taking less power as compared with the actual utilization of the power that is suggested by the manufacturer's in the frame of the actual product. So may be this is causing the problem of blewing up of the external cord. Also check with the power supply at your home may be the power variation is causing the problem.

There is an occasional power shortage at my place. But i don't think that the power shortage could be the issue because i tried connecting the cord with the Monitor it didn't blew up then i connected it with the modem again there was no problem. So what i did was that i connected with the CPU. So on connection with the CPU it blewed up. So i cant exactly figure out the problem. Give me some more suggestions.

I would like to ask whether all the cords where connected to the a particular point in the wall. If it is then the power load could have been more which resulted into the blow up of extension cord. The main difference between the monitor and also the cabinet would be the power load which cannot be taken by the cord and the same is with the CPU which resulted in the blow up and also without inspecting the total scene we cant totally predict the problem. To avoid further such problem always use a PSU to avoid such issues.