Thread: use Numeric Keypad as Mouse Keys in Windows 7

use Numeric Keypad as Mouse Keys in Windows 7

Windows 7 disregards the BIOS (Basic input output settings) for my computer at the initial state of the numeric keypad. I want to use my Numeric keypad as the Mouse keys so that it will be work fast for me, I have done require setting but not worked. What sort of settings should I do in order to use my numeric keypad same as mouse? If anyone knows about this settings then please let me know. Any suggestions will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

re: use Numeric Keypad as Mouse Keys in Windows 7

I think that in order to use numeric key pad as mouse you should have to do settings in to your control panel and for that you have to select start button on taskbar and then go to the control panel and then click on keyboard icon to open its settings. After opening the setting window set the InitialKEYboardIndicators and then right click on it for the Permissions option and click on the advanced button, then click on the Edit button and select Deny to set the value and then select apply and OK to close the window.

There is need to be some setting to control the mouse pointer using numeric keys and for that you have to turn on MouseKeys. Just press left ALT key and left shift key with Num Lock keys after pressing these key you will see a window with Mouse Keys option and to enable it click on the OK. After enabling this key you can see a mouse icon at system tray, now you are ready to use num key as mouse pointer. I hope this information may help you.

Here I have given you some steps to setup numeric MouseKey on windows 7. Open control panel and select "Ease of access" option and then click on "change how your keyboard works" option , that will turn on mouse keys check box. There are also options like speed on pointer speed and other settings, for that you will have to click on setup mouse keys. After all the setting select apply and then OK to close the window, you cannot type numbers with numeric key till mouse keys is turn on.

To use your num key as mouse key you should go to the control panel and select accessibility option and then click on mouse tab, which will turn on mouse key, put the check mark in front of Use MouseKeys. And then go to the setting and then click on apply and then select OK. After making this setting you can then use num key as mouse key.