Thread: CPU fan error on Intel core i5

CPU fan error on Intel core i5

I am having Intel core i5 with ASUS motherboard P7H55D-M PRO, 4 GB RAM. After having all this features I am facing the problem of fan error. When I start the system I get an error message of CPU fan. Restarting the system also doesn’t resolve my problem. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

Re: CPU fan error on Intel core i5

You can fix the CPU fan error by the following steps.
    1. Turn off the computer and unplug it from the power outlet. Now you need to open the cabinet to access the fan area.
    2. The CPU fan is smaller than the main power supply fan. On the motherboard there will be a small heat-sink fan blowing which will be your microchip. This chip is your processor and the attached fan assembly is your CPU fan.
    3. Now you need to blow the compressed air to remove the dust that is clogging the fan.
    4. Now you need to check the fan cable because it may be loose. Because of the loose cable you are facing the error of CPU fan. For loose cable you need to remove the cable and then reattach it again.
    5. Now close the cabinet and restart the system. The CPU fan will be working fine.

From the above given solution I have tried to remove the CPU fan cable, then reattach the cable again and the CPU fan error was solved. I want a solution through which I can check the speed of the fan so that I can obtain optimal performance. Also sometimes my CPU sometimes gets overheated so I need a solution through which I can stop the overheating.

You can test your CPU fan so that it is working properly. To test CPU fan you need to follow the below given steps:
    1. You need to download and install the speedfan software. After the installation of speedfan software double click on the icon from desktop to launch it.
    2. You need to wait for some time till the speedfan detects the temperature sensors and fan.
    3. You can get the review of the fan from the middle portion of the speedfan window. Also this area will show all the fans on your system and their speed.
    4. The fan of the processor will be labeled as “fan 0” and “fan 1”.
    5. Check out the fan speed if it is zero then you need to shut down the system and replace it with the new fan. Also if you get the fan speed of up to 500 or less RPM then also you need to replace the fan immediately.

You can stop the overheating of CPU by making use of heat sink. Heat sink is a tool that transfers the heat generated from an object into air or liquid. Heat sinks are specially designed for cooling electronic and optoelectronic devices. Thus by making use of heat sink the temperature of CPU can be cooled automatically.

You need to clean the CPU fan and sink fan regularly. Your CPU fan and heat sink would catch a pile of dust. In order to stop the overheating of CPU you need to clean it so that it can transfer the heat from the electronics devices such as CPU out of the system. a clean CPU will increase the air flow and reduce the temperature to normal mode.