Thread: Unable to select Microphone as Voice Input

Unable to select Microphone as Voice Input

As you will see the term microphone problems you will think it similar then other but my problem is dissimilar. I have within a few days bought Dawn of War 2 and at a time me and my friend are generally chatting via steam but from the time when Games For Window Live has that it have its personal voice system we to go with our Microphones. That’s why he immediately connect on what he wants’ to employ as his microphone, but for me it gives four choices. That is four time AC97 Audio. And no other words after it allowing for that doesn't yet well the complete article. My microphone works well with steam. So please help mean and take me out of this trouble.

Re: Unable to select Microphone as Voice Input

Note if you are the user of well established company microphone then you will be able to go to your control panel and then to the hardware & sound option and select manage audio device. And then move to the recording tab option and then search for your Microphone input option. Which should be present with the name Microphone with AC97 under that. Choose this option and click the option set default button and strike the button ok. And then go to the panel where it shows four options and you should test each of them and see which is working. If none of these are then there might be the chances that you have a problem with your sound driver board. If the trouble remains then you might need to uninstall your sound card from the device manager and install it again with correct driver.

As far as my concerned you should check the following steps to get out of your trouble of microphone:
    1. First you should be sure that you have your output machine and recording machine chosen.
    2. Then you should be sure that you have not muted your microphone sound.
    3. At the same time as on the voice setup display as you speak you must heed yourself via what the output tool you have selected. This you can verify with asking your friends that they are able to hear your voice.
    4. If the output tool is not working attempt to change the tool setting from Surround Sound to Stereo sound. These are the certain steps that can be helpful to fix your issue.

Hello! Friends I am also having the same problem. I have tried both the above method, but sorry to tell you that it didn’t seems to work for me. I am still having the problem with my microphone. So friend let me tell you that my microphone is working well with the other Window Live games like Halo 2 and Shadowrun. So I have a doubt that my problem is somewhere related to steam that used to be on Dawn of War 2 where as steam is absent in both the game named Halo 2 and Shadowrun. So please I am now frustrated. Help me