Thread: Dual Layer DVDs !

Dual Layer DVDs !

Hello guys I am thinking on the way to purchase Dual layer DVDs in a large scale. As a result to attempt that I am planning to purchase a quantity of 20-30 Computers 1st as well as organize 2 packs of 100 pc spidles.I don’t require recognized DVDs as they are expensive. I want to be familiar with which is superior National or Puma ? How much is the price of per DVD? I asked a stationary store as well as the man told that a National DVD 8 GB costs 25 is that a rip off?Thanks.

Re: Dual Layer DVDs !

My suggestion would be on the way to go for presently one or else two DVDs first - yet if the man charge you extra for purchasing lesser quantity (as well as not 20-30 at the same time as you are planning to), burn them furthermore be certain regarding the quality.Just for the confirmation, despite the fact that the stated ability of a dual layer DVD is believed to be 8.5 GB, in actual world state of affairs you may possibly be able on the way to burn a maximum of 7.96 GB which translate into 8152 MB just .Regards ..

I have a hard drive regarding on the way to fail as well as desire to back up the data in anticipation of I return the drive. I recognize DVD is not a excellent alternative for long term storage space, however I presently require something on the way to surge me over until I be able to get the drive replaced. I have approximately 140G's as a result standard DVD would receive forever.thanks,.

I attend to good reports regarding Verbatim CD as well as DVD, as a result I purchase 50 CD as well as 100 DVR-R. Terrible error, I have had in relation to a 5% bad burnings as of from Verbatim. I in the past used HP as well as Sony brands by means of no bad burnings at each and every one, as a result I go back on the way to them. At the same time as for +R or -R, I understand that -R will grasp to some extent extra data than +R, however I be familiar with that the -Rs I burned will not engage in recreation on my older Light Scribe DVD drive. I'll fix by means of HP or else Sony as well as purchase +R from now on.

I have been using Verbatim in view of the fact that the days of the 5.25" floppy. They have for all time been top superiority as well as I have used thousands of them. Of way that is not on the way to speak that anywhere out here that there's not several one or an additional that has troubles by means of them for whatsoever reason. Two of the main troubles I have yet seen by means of anybody burning CD's or else yet not as good as DVD's is not the product however the method the person tries on the way to do the burn. a number of persons will attempt on the way to burn a disk by means of their browser open as well as a dozen or else more programs running at the similar occasion. A number of persons till attempt on the way to burn at 56x presently for the reason that that's the speed printed on the CD label. For the extremely finest burn, by means of any product of disk, shut down each and every one running programs previous to even opening your Burning Software, after that.choose a slow speed designed for the burn, similar to 8x or else 16x, yet if the disk wrapper says 56x or else several such. Each and every one CD burning software needs whole control of the computer at the same time as it's functioning as well as will resent several software that disrupt the arranged data run from the HD to the CD burner. AV applications are almost certainly the worst offenders. Having a system in tip top form does not harm whatever thing either. It does not issue what product of disks you purchase, if you have obtain a system loaded down by means of superfluous services, TSR's as well as assorted Crapware, you are going on the way to build a number of real good coasters.

In universal that is what I do as well. Even though at one occasion I did have a batch of troubles by means of a spindle of Verbatim DVD's. However I afterward understand part of my difficulty may have been for the reason that my burner was failing as well .I have the latest burner, however that familiarity has made me a slight doubtful of investing the extra cash for the verbatim dual layer dvd's, yet despite the fact that a lot of public advise them. As a result I thought I had inquire here regarding the DL type as well as get some feedback on the way to make me feel better about what to buy. However for DVD9's, do you have a predilection for a precise brand-type, if you be able to discover them at a honest price? or else do you go for the cheapest by means of those as well? At the same time as for your other fine tips, I follow those as well. I by no means do extra things at my computer at the same time as burning whatever thing, make use of slow speeds, etc.