Thread: good PSU brand ?

good PSU brand ?

I want to purchase a new branded power supply unit(PSU) I have read a lot of internet about the different PSU and I found that Corsair is a good reliable PSU(Power Supply Unit) . I have preferred Corsair VX 550 at the same time as power supply unit (PSU) for my Computer. However subsequent to Corsair which PSU is recommended next? As well as what regarding SeaSonic Bronze S12II 520 W or else Tagan B2500 Modular? I am familiar with that a fine power supply unit (PSU) is that which has efficiency of at least 80 %. However here the point is that subsequent to Corsair which Brand power supply unit (PSU) is the superior one?Please inform me. Thanks In Advance for any suggestion regarding to it.

Re: good PSU brand ?

I have an ANTEC True Blue 480w power supply unit (PSU) as well as it is completely steady.I have observe a short 12v rail at the same time as in the 430w above however the amusing thing is that enthusiastic on the way to my DigiDoc 5 it reports the 12v rail at the same time as 12.06v as a result it make me be unsure if the mobo report is receiving the 12v orientation on a trace that's trailing several voltage due to resistance of the copper trace. The to a greater extent stuff they set into mobo's these time is most important on the way to smaller traces being make use of on the way to maximize space.

From an electronics point of sight despite the fact that at what time the voltages sag on a system that have a controller the regulator circuit will illustrate additional current in an effort on the way to build up for the lost voltage as a result it be able to lead on the way to burning a trace if the current trace be able to carry is exceeded on the way to a big degree but I'm certain for that to occur the voltage in question would have to sag fine under the 5% spec.

Will you be planning to do over clocking? If not, or else if just mild over clocks, in my view, several of the above-named brands would serve up you fine. By means of a 2.4 or else 2.6, I had played it safe furthermore obtain a power supply unit (PSU) rated for extra than 350 watts, if possible minimum of 400 watts. If you will be over clocking, I had speak minimum be supposed to be 430watts. That's just based on my knowledge. Others may differ.

Antec 412 was released 4 or 5 years before as well as it will go on for an additional 10 or 15 as long as the future mobos support the connector. Computer as well as Power has 5 years warranty furthermore the end of life is expected on the way to 100,000 hours I think.That additional connector has been on main boards intended for an extended time; however not on mainstream as a result you are accurate. However it’s not essential, you be able to still run your Nforce 2 not including it.

The Antec True Control may not be fairly as fine built as a computer Power as well as Cooling power supply unit(PSU), however it's additional reasonably priced as well as it's warrantee is 3 years, which is to a great extent superior than what Enermax has on theirs. My True Control 550 is dependable as all get out, high/low on the +12v rail 12.04-12.16v, +5v rail 5.03-5.00v. Each and every one those voltages from MBM's high/low log. That is ample steady sufficient for me. It's not a inexpensive power supply unit (PSU) by some means however it certain is nice on the way to be able to regulate your rails from the front of your computer. The Enermax 651P-VE in my friend rig is not practically as steady on the +12v rail, dipping down on the way to the 11.9-11.85v neighborhood every on one occasion in a whilst.

The GF2 you have does not make use of several 12V at all, however the Radeon do.12V is the slightest voltage that doubts me; I am further worried by means of the 3, 3 as well as 5 volt rails. The more you press on the system, the additional the 3, 3 as well as 5 volt lines will obtain stressed, not the 12. That’s where a quality power supply unit (PSU) comes in. The general power supply unit (PSU) at the same time as Antec, Enermax etc will vary a lot as well as that is why a lot of overclocked system will lock up or else restart. If a power supply unit (PSU) at 2.5 gig have to have 2V or else more on the way to be steady, it is extremely dependant on the 5V rail as well as if you observe the vcore vary between 1.96-2.02, that be able to be sufficient for a lockup in view of the fact that it is the 5V that is weak as well as fluctuating. Computer as well as Power psu’s by no means fluctuate, yet at much overclocked speeds.My old one Antec 412, does have weak lines as well as are forever beneath the rates. However I at a standstill similar to it for what it cost me. My 12 is at 11.88-11.98, the 5V is 4.94-4.99, 3.3 are 3.14-3.25. means on the way to much variation. Off course, that is able to as well be a hardware monitor trouble; however I be able to just make use of what is accessible on the way to get the results if you be familiar with what I mean. By means of a proper voltage-reader, I could read straightforwardly from the Power supply unit(PSU).

The power supply unit (PSU) is one that will influence the performance as well as dependability of your complete system. Go through the mentioned below procedure to select PSU:
    Steps:

1) Determine the wattage you need
    2) Research which connectors you need
    3) Look for PSUs with high-efficiency ratings
    4) Determine the robustness of the PSU
    5) Check the number of rails.
    6) Get a modular PSU
    7) Compare the amperage of each voltage