Thread: Unable to connect Computer to Plasma TV

Unable to connect Computer to Plasma TV

I have recently bought a new Panasonic 42” X20D plasma TV to enjoy movies by setting at home and I have mounted it on my bedroom wall. I am also having a desktop computer and I want to connect it to my TV, but I don’t know how to do so, I have tried to connect them in my ways but not succeed. So if anyone knows how I can connect them, then please let me know. Here I have given you the configurations of my computer please go through this. Thanks in advance.
    • P.E5200
    • 15" CRT monitor
    • G31 s2l Motherboard
    • Windows 7
    • 2GB ram
    Last edited by Daamodar; 29-11-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Re: Unable to connect Computer to Plasma TV

I have given you some steps go through these to connect you computer to the TV. Before connecting computer to TV, shutdown your computer and determine the types of video connections that your computer has and also determine the types of video input of your plasma TV. There are 15-pin VGA input and a DVI input or an HDMI input is available that will connect you computer to the TV. Select one these connections, HDMI and DVI represents high quality than VGA, and if your computer is only having VGA output then maybe you cannot receive good picture quality and then to connect them use a high quality video cable so that you will not receive poor video performance. Make settings in your computer screen resolution, so that your plasma TV can accept it in to the control panel and then click on the display settings option. Connect you Pc to the TV using the cable and start the computer, it should recognize the connected display then again go into the display setting of computer to configure how the plasma TV to be use. If plasma TV is the only monitor for the computer, then no need to configure multiple displays. And then at the end to getting the sound, connect the sound output of your computer to the plasma TV using correct audio adapters, and now you can ready to watch movies.

Thanks for the reply, now using these above instructions I can now able to connect my computer to the plasma TV, but now I am facing problem regarding this that is, I am not receiving good picture quality and I think that it is because of the wrong screen resolution. I have adjusted the resolution for 1280x1024 over the HDMI for getting the good picture but no change. If anyone knows what should prefer screen resolution for this, then let me know.

As far I know that if your TV is not accept the proper resolution then I think that it probably accepting 480i, 1080i,720 480p. All these are standard ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) resolutions that most TV HDMI receiver chips accepts. But I think that your plasma TV is re scale anything it receives and accepts, to adjust the picture with its native resolution. I will advise you to adjust your screen for getting the proper resolution. I hope this information may help you and if you are having other query then reply me.