Thread: Udev error message on booting dell mini 9

Udev error message on booting dell mini 9

I had currently upgraded my Dell Mini 9 commencing Ubuntu Netbook Edition 8.04 to 10.10, doing a clean inaugurated. It's running extremely well superior than ever, additional than there's a strange message on boot right subsequent to the BIOS make sure and previous to the splash screen by means of the intention of reads subsequent to with the intention of, it boots and runs generally superior than ever, in fact. In view of the fact with the intention of the whole thing has been running extremely well for two weeks, I am not alarmed, additional than I am curious whether anybody be familiar with what this might mean. It has been actually nothing additional than trouble commencing day one. It would lock up or freeze haphazardly. In conclusion, it immediately quit approximately and subsequent to a couple of hours on the phone, it was revisit to depot for service. I squander a couple pf hours on the phone by means of Dell and they are taking back to depot for service. I would actually approximate an additional unit as this one has issues.

Re: Udev error message on booting dell mini 9

Ok let’s say you had installed a linux operating system by means of the intention of is premeditated to run thousands of types of hardware. And in the kernel initrd.img it unloads a turn of component previous to it mounts the hard drive in read and write mode. The information in sequence is Udev is set up to give the impression of being for the entire this defaulting stuff. So it goes from side to side it set program. Approximating the defaulting for the majority linux is to give the impression of being for pcmcia apparatus it tries load them additional than fails why it is a desk top. The majority likely the apparatus was loaded at boot then hot plug and udev run subsequent to the hard drive is up. If the device is previously running it determine to demonstrate a quick read it. Anticipate this helps you. Create your life straightforward subsequently time in bios if you encompass a setting for none O/S or none windows.

In view of the fact by means of the intention of this is a netbook, it does not encompass a CD/DVD drive, so I did the install commencing an exterior USB CD/DVD drive; as I recall, the drive was tranquil plugged in and motorized up upon reboot. It might be giving the impression of being for by means of the intention of. I determine to plug the drive in and turn it on previous to I boot the box subsequently time, see what occurs, and report back. There are a assortment of netbooks on which you be able to inaugurate and run OS X, additional than if you are mindful of the handy evaluation chart those lads at Booing Gadgets encompass compiled, you determine to be familiar by means of by means of the intention of the Mini 9 is regarding as ideal a platform as you determine to locate for a Hackintosh ultraportable: the whole thing commencing wi-fi, sound and the function keys down to the optional incorporated mobile broadband card and the SD card reader are sustained or maintained and work as they be supposed to. I am tremendously dissatisfied, and I honestly and desire I had waited to observe acers innovative 'mini's by means of the similar specs as the mini 9, other than by means of a 160 gb hard drive for $20 less than the mini 9.

Normally, there are two methods to shift toward a Hackintosh install: utilizing a "slipstreamed" OS X installer image by means of the intention of is been customized to install on non-Apple hardware, or utilizing a $129 factory-fresh retail OS X inaugurate disk in tandem by means of a special bootloader by means of the intention of does the indispensable tweaking to let the install occur. The former be able to be easy sufficient, additional than it's attractive much illegal in view of the fact that it contains a pirated OS X inaugurate disk, and on top of by means of the intention of you determined to run into the entire kinds of tribulations be supposed to you ever desire to upgrading your OS or software via Software to bring up to date. It violates the OS X EULA, and almost certainly would not create the Dell folks too happy moreover, be supposed to you necessitate to return your hacked Mini 9 for service. So, as always, continue at your own risk.

By the way my free diskspace is 5.3 GB History, in case this leads to several clues as to the tribulations: Worked the recent past on endeavoring to install Open Office 3.1 to substitute the 2.4 by means of the intention of came by means of my system. The Open Office take a assortment of messing approximately and I am apprehensive by means of the intention of where my tribulations comes commencing. Followed instructions by means of the intention of I originate on ubuntu discussion and on open office site to inaugurate 3.1 parallel to 2.4, in view of the fact with the intention of I required to encompass 2.4 obtainable if I had trouble getting 3.1 to run. I did encompass trouble getting 3.1 to run, by means of the installation frequently aborting and pointing to errors of architecture inappropriateness (i386 vs lpia). Ultimately wound up by means of endeavoring to get updates to occur and getting messages with the intention of the updates were failing and merely getting "partial updates".

Subsequent to I had completed by means of the intention of, much to my revelation, starting OpenOffice in standard fashion (for illustration the method with the intention of had opened 2.4), I had v. 3.1 working with. I had consideration the installation would be in parallel, additional than I not be able to locate several sign of 2.4. In addition, there is a number of weirdness to 3.1: When I go to open files commencing within 3.1, it merely demonstrate me my .pdf files and when I hit it off to open those, I get a dialog box asking regarding ASCII - whatever I decide, it convey me to a blank OpenOffice document to a certain extent than the PDF file. If as an alternative of opening the files commencing inside office, I go via the file system, I be able to locate the entire my files and I be able to hit it off on them and they determine to open appropriately in V 3.1! Giving the impression of being for explanation I originate and endeavor these instructions in the discussion boot into recovery mode and run apt-get -f install apt-get install ubuntu-desktop if by means of the intention of does not run, reinstall libgnome2-0 apt-get install reinstall libgnome2-0 additional than they did not seem to assist you.