Thread: How to solve Dell 968 Printer issue upgraded vista 64 to windows7 64 bit.

How to solve Dell 968 Printer issue upgraded vista 64 to windows7 64 bit.

Hello friends I have found as many posts as I can for this problem. Not any of the solutions looks like to be working good for me. I have a Gateway FX6821-09 h computer a desktop (PC). It is about only 1 year old. But yesterday I upgraded from Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. The printer now look like to unable to communicate with my computer properly. It was continued to work fine with my other previous operating system than windows 7. I have tried out various uninstall as well as reinstall techniques, I have tried the compatibility as well as run as administrator methods. I also attempted by using several USB ports on my computer. But nothing looks like to resolve the problem. Does anyone has the solution for this problem so please reply to my post

Re: How to solve Dell 968 Printer issue upgraded vista 64 to windows7 64 bit.

I don’t think so that there is any problem in windows 7 operating system. It seems that it is the problem chipset driver. When you upgraded to Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, did you install the setup of chipset drivers initially? If you had not installed that driver previously then all other drivers will be unsuccessful to install in the pc. If you cannot able to check out Windows 7 drivers, try install the Windows Vista 64-bit drivers in the Compatibility mode. The directions to install the printer driver on a Windows 7 computer can be found at Dell online help center.

Thank you friend for your reply to my quote. I am in doubt about the chipset as Gateway offered me a 2 disc update package which I instructed as per their information. They informed me that all drivers would be updated as my need using their 2 disc upgrade system. The printer is the only thing I appear to be having a problem with. I have previously tried the whole thing listed through your other link. I tried everything before posting. I don’t know what to do about this post? Please anyone has other idea for this problem.

Installing the printer has worked with other members by using the same instructions located at the thread of the Dell 968 as well as 968w All-In-One Printer solutions. When anyone gives other solution, then I also pass that solution along. Did you cut off the printer from the port, then uninstall the printer, then restart your computer? Make convinced the printer was detached. Manual of the Printer Driver Removal Download the Microsoft windows Vista 64-bit drivers I provided as well as install them in the Compactible mode? After installing the drivers, you should have a message; the printer is not linked, correct? What occurs when you then attach the printer (after powered on)?