Thread: Improve the Screen Resolution of Dell monitorE173FPb

Improve the Screen Resolution of Dell monitorE173FPb

I have got a Dell laptop. From quite a few days i am not satisfied with the resolution of my monitor. It does not give me the desired clarity. So i wanted to know is there any good monitor drivers available in the market that can increase my screen resolution. I want to adjust my screen resolution to 1280*1024. So suggest me some good dives that will work for my monitor and my monitor is Dell E173FPb and my operating system is windows XP.

Re: Improve the Screen Resolution of Dell monitorE173FPb

Firstly let me tell you that monitor has no drivers to work on. The clarity that you get to see in the monitor is due to the graphic cards, the GPU, the video cards etc. Drivers are not responsible for increasing the resolution there is a particular setting that is available in your monitor try adjusting with that. So don't look for the monitor drivers in the market or in the internet.

Yes, you don't have any driver for the monitor to improve the resolution if you want to make the resolution to 1280*1024 then you can do it manually. By going to the control panel, then go to the advanced settings and make sure that you apply all the settings before you restart the page. Click on list all modes in the adapter, tab select your desired resolution to 1280*1024 and decide on the refresh rate. If you have selected something then click on OK. The Screen will get blank and will appear again. If it appears with the the normal resolution then there is some problem with your video card or graphic card which states that it does not support the resolution.

If you want a better resolution and you are unhappy with the current resolution try upgrading the video card or the graphic card. It will help you, if you are not happy with the quality of the resolution you can either try the solution which is suggested above or you can definitely go by upgrading the video cards and the graphic cards. If you are not satisfied with the screen size of the laptop then you can go with the connection of the external monitor to your laptop where you can select and adjust the resolution for that you must have an external port for the connection of the monitors. Just try this out it may help you.