Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410:DVD drive not working properly

Lenovo ThinkPad T410:DVD drive not working properly

Having a Lenovo ThinkPad T410, which using for mainly the entertainment purpose, I am a student so I have no particular purpose to use this machine. I regularly play the movies by inserting the CD into the machines DVD drive. This is first time problem with the DVD drive, which is getting on and off frequently, mostly after every 30seconds. It comes with the error message as like The HL-DT-SD-DVDRAM-GU10N device can now remove from the machine safely. What does this message directs, I can’t understand anything also can’t understand why this happens. What should I do to fix the issue? While I insert any cd or dvd into the drive it makes so much noise, but not works properly. Any idea on this issue?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410:DVD drive not working properly

This is the drive physical problem, I had the similar issue after that one of a technician suggest me the way to how solve this type problem regarding the CD or DVD drive. I did this process and believe me now there is no problem with the drive; I can able to play any kind of disk in the drive without any interruption. Push the release lever of the drive and, a small type of pop tab will come out after pulling this one, for releasing the tab pull the tab, it will detect the unplugged message , wait till they message will appears, and now push the tab inside in its place. This will definitely help, do this once.

As per my knowledge the windows will not burn itself, this have to need some third party software. if your machine running under the environment of windows XP and though you are also using the third party software then, then in that case disable the XP burner. The XP burner is not able to burn the DVD. Now try to burn a DVD, it will ask you for the saving place specified the drive or the folder where you will save the file. I hope this will help you.

Having the similar issue with my windows XP compatible Dell machine, while I did any burning of either DVD or CD, this will interrupt during burning any CD, it stops the burning process and remove the CD from drive automatically, I installed the Nero burning tool, is this for the software tool or anything hardware issue? Any suggestion on this problem will appreciated greatly. Than k you in advance..