Thread: Dell AIO 924 driver related answer for windows 7

Dell AIO 924 driver related answer for windows 7

I am giving my best shot to print to my Dell 924 AIO printer associated to my desktop running Vista 32 from my laptop through windows 7. every time I attempt to install the printer on my laptop the driver is not able to found, when windows update searches it says that the driver cannot be found and when I search all the way through the list I am capable of finding the 920 and 928, but not 924. I have tried installing the other drivers, to no avail, and I have tried downloading the driver from Dell, but their install software will not appear to find the printer. Any help….

Re: Dell AIO 924 driver related answer for windows 7

Dell has not released drivers for 924 AIO printers which are compatible with Windows 7, you have drivers for Windows Vista 32 bit and Windows XP.As a work around you be able to attempt downloading the drivers from the below link and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps you.

http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False

Here is the link.
    Make older programs run in this version of Windows:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ion-of-Windows
    If this does not help you , then I would advise you to contact the maker for more help and support.

Hey I am agree with you because It has been suggested to me that Dell won't release drivers because they would expect people to upgrade the printer after four years . But to be honest, a new printer would provide my folks nothing more than their old one did. I will continue looking for a solution for them. If I cannot locate one, at least I know what they need for xmas. If anybody else has any ideas, I would like to hear them.

Hey even I am dealing with the same issue I just in recent times installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer. Went through all the processes to learn that I cannot t utilize my printer. So I decided to go with Vista and I will be darn if the printer does not work with it either. So please tell me if you got solution related to Windows 7. Is there another way around all this or do I have to go buy another one?

First of all you have to disconnect your printer then Download as well as run the patch (printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your PC. Confirm that the printer is detached. Manual Printer Driver Removal. Download the Vista drivers that match your operating system. If you have Windows 7 64-bit, then download the Vista 64-bit drivers. If you have Windows 7 32-bit, then download the Vista 32-bit drivers. You then will require to install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. Keep the printer disconnected until you install the drivers and you observe the message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time.