Thread: Dell Laser Printer 1600n leaves single black streak on the paper

Dell Laser Printer 1600n leaves single black streak on the paper

I have Dell Laser Printer 1600n I am getting a single black streak horizontally down the paper while I insert paper in the top and press copy button. This does not occur if I lay the original on the glass, immediately after I insert the original through the top tray and press copy. Please tell me what to do to get out of this?

Re: Dell Laser Printer 1600n leaves single black streak on the paper

First you have to open the top scanner lid. You will see the main large piece of glass. This is the flatbed scanner area. To the instant left, you will observe a narrow strip of glass. This is the ADF (Auto Document Feeder) scan area. Clean this narrow piece of glass carefully. Most likely, there is a spot or streak of residue on this narrow glass just about in the same place as measured across the page.

What repeatedly reason for blank areas or streaks is something blocking the laser light from getting to the drum. This would be hair, dust, little pieces of paper, toner dust on the laser etc. drag out the toner cartridge and seem around the laser exit window for several contamination, clean up the inside areas of the printer with a lint-free cloth &/or blow it out with compressed air. You may require a little mirror and light to see up into the laser window area to check for contagion laser sits above the toner cartridge.

Hey even my printer behaving the same think again and again. I have a Laser printer which was working well until recently it is been printing single blank streaks with every page. I am getting black streaks down the pages. The first page will be fine, then the next has a little streaking, then it gets worse. I just started using a knock-off printer cartridge. If this is what is causing the trouble, can anything tell me whatever thinks I have to do to make it better?

check out your toner cartridge for any contamination in the slot used for the laser as well. The fuser frequently tends to leave black marks, not blank areas while they go bad. As for the rollers you be able to clean them with alcohol if you want, it may or may not work depending on if the rollers are merely dirty or if they are beginning to harden or are glazed. Also, alcohol tends to dry out rollers if used over. Might this will help you to resolve your problem.

First of all change the toner cartridge. If that does not fix it then it could be some number of effects from transfer roller to fuser. If as you stated you have not at all changed the toner start there. The streaks are caused by a low-quality refill. There is possibly air in the cartridge. Dell printer will work with the original cartridge. A number of cartridges are able to simply be refilled 2 or 3 times maximum. Then they start acting funny.