Thread: DELL 966 AIO Printer is not able to work with Windows 7

DELL 966 AIO Printer is not able to work with Windows 7

I am facing problem getting my Dell 966 AIO printer to print. This printer was all right while working with Vista but when I updated to Windows 7, it is not able to work. It shows that it is recognized and properly installed, but nothing happens after it is asked to print. I am getting very frustrated with Windows 7. I have installed the printer from the CD and plug & play. NOTHING! Any suggestions?

Re: DELL 966 AIO Printer is not able to work with Windows 7

To solve the problem which you are facing you first have to Go to the Dell website and get the uninstall utility. Disconnect the printer from the computer and then Run the Uninstall utility. Check in Control Panel, Programs & Features that every Dell 966 software is gone. Start, click on Devices and Printers, highlight a printer, and then click on Print Server Properties, in the Drivers tab, check the Dell driver(s) have GONE. After that you have to Reboot the computer. Then Go to the Dell website and download updated driver package. Install the package and keep this in minds that do not reconnect the printer until the software tells you to do so.

As you have told that you have upgraded from the Windows Vista to Windows 7 after that you are facing the problem then it look like to be the compatibility problem of the Windows 7 which is not let the older version of the driver to run with the same. So it is better to download the compatible version of the driver from dell and install it on your computer. This will definitely resolve your problem.

First of all start your computer in safe mode and then install the essential driver which will let the things to be processed and work well. It will certainly let the things to get into picture and work well for you. All you want to do is to check out for the change that is by making installation by running the system under safe mode and restart the computer and make it work well under normal mode. This will be better for you and may get function well. Check out this .may this will help you.

I am having the similar problem with the Dell printer and the Windows 7 which is not recognizing the printer and so that I was not able to print a copy from the dell printer. So I have visited the Dell and asked about my problem to them. And they have given me solution as the Windows 7 64 bit driver for the dell printer. After the installation of which I have got the printer of mine working on the Windows 7. thus you as well do the same might this will help you.

Have you checked the connection of the Printer that the power is flowing through it or not. If you are facing the bad or loose connection among the computer and the printer then same will be not function well. So it is better to unplug all the cable from the printer and then reconnect it to the printer and computer again.Try this out hope this will work for you.