Thread: microphone doesn't work with Skype

microphone doesn't work with Skype

Before two months ago I have a purchase the Satellite M305-S4910 But I have installed Skype and test for call. At that time I am not able to here the own voice. But my mic is working very well while doing sound recording testing. Currently I am using the Conexant audio driver of the series 4.36.7.0 I have founds many of the people is facing same problem. But not any proper solution for that. Is anyone else having this problem now? Is there some other way to get this problem fixed?

Re: microphone doesn't work with Skype

I think this is your Skype setting problem. To get through this you just have to perform normal Skype setting.
    • First go to Skype then from the main window just go to the Tools Option and then you just have to go to the Sound Device.
    • After that you just have to go to the Audio Device then USB. Here please do not use the Audio Device as your default device.
    • Also you can have to just check PC speaker check box. This is the good back up to alert for you when main PC is turn off OR it is not working properly.

I hope this will help you to fix your problem.

I think you just have to perform some more Skype Mic testing. As soon as you plug your Skype phone set up, you can check that if it’s working by just typing “echo123” in the Skype Name box or Number box. Then you just have to click on the green button to make a call. If still you are fail to hear through your Head set then maybe it is you have not plug your Skype head phone properly.If you have done with this then you may be hear you’re recorded message with some important message. After that you just have to Record your own voice for more than 10 seconds. After that your voice is get repeated. If you’re able to hear recording sound then you have done with your Skype setting.
    This way can easily work your Skype setting and now can use your Skype Headphone.

To make setting for your window then you just have to follow the following steps:
    Start-->Control panel-->Sound and Audio devices
    On the audio tab set the default playback device to your main soundcard (AC97/Audio-chip/add-on-adapter), etc.
    Your installed audio device must be present there.
    If not, reinstall audio device.

Then you have to check if your micro (pink) and speaker (lime) jacks are really correct and fully inserted!
    They sometimes stuck.
    For test only you can use earphone instead of microphone for Line In.
    Standard micro in Line In will NOT work.
    Firs you have to go to Start then go to Programs and then just go to the Accessories. After that just go to the Entertainment OR you just have to go to Volume Control then right click on loudspeaker icon in Task Tray.
    Options
    Microphone
    Scroll down
    Check "Microphone"
    If the bar "Microphone" is available, the microphone is detected by Windows now go on
    (If not, Windows has a problem with your microphone)
    Just to check if your microphone is broken or bad, you can use your headphones instead. They really work!
    Which one L or R is microphone now, I think it's L
    Check "Advanced properties"

Check Micro "Advanced"
    Open
    Check "20db boost" or "1.MIC boost" depending on language version
    Volume level can be left in any position.
    Mute microphone

I think you just have to check for your audio setting for you Windows 7
    • First you have to go to “Start” and you just have to go to the “Programs” and the just have to go to the “Accessories” then go to the “Entertainment”. And last in “Entertainment” you just have to click on the “Sound Recorder”
    • After you have done with this then you just have to test with Skype Test Call i.e. just call called on “echo123”.

I am sure this helps you to solve your problem. Thank you.