Thread: Webcam issue with Toshiba Portege M900

Webcam issue with Toshiba Portege M900

I have bought a new Toshiba Portege M900 for me. I don’t have any problem with the operating system of that. I connected the webcam to the laptop but it was not able to initialize that. It shows me the message that web camera initialization failed. It prompts me that I have to check the camera device restart the application. Is it problem with the webcam or the laptop? Please provide your suggestion for this issue. I will appreciate each and every suggestion for this.

Re: Webcam issue with Toshiba Portege M900

I think that it needs some software to be installed. Have you got any software CD along with the webcam? If you have any then install that CD first before connecting it to your computer. That CD may contain any software that may be needed for the connection of the laptop and the webcam. Make sure that you have powered on the camera before connecting that to the laptop.

You can try the following steps and this may solve the issue for you.
    1. First of all click on the Windows Start button.
    2. Go to the Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Device Manager.
    3. Right click on the driver for the webcam and click on the Update Driver Software. If you see that there is a yellow exclamation then that means that it has recognized the webcam but not working because the driver is not installed properly.
    4. Click on Browse my computer for the driver software.
    5. Click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    6. Click next after selecting USB Video Device from the list.
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions and when it finishes the wizard then restart the system.

If you have driver installed which is not working then also such problems may be created. I think that you have to go to the Toshiba site and from there download the new driver available and install that to your computer. Before that you can try by uninstalling and installing the existing driver. Along with this you can update the BIOS and all the other utilities.

There may be the problem with the webcam itself. Have you tried to use that with any other computer? Just check that and if you find that it is also not working there then it will clear that it is the problem with the webcam. I don’t think that it will get repair and you have to buy a new one.