Thread: Need help with SB XtremeGamer Low Profile bracket

Need help with SB XtremeGamer Low Profile bracket

Recently or presently I had determined to build an sff gaming system. Along by means of additional components I bought an SB XtremeGamer sound card which regrettably came by means of a regular rear bracket. I necessitate to get the low profile one for my build. Calling imaginative Labs revealed by means of the intention of they do not stock those several longer and the entire websites with the intention of allegedly carry these predictable point back to Creative's website upon endeavoring to create a purchase. I might not locate several on eBay either. Does anyone be familiar with where I be able to locate one for a decent price.

Re: Need help with SB XtremeGamer Low Profile bracket

In this you have to take an additional bracket and drill it out to fit. To appropriate a bracket off of an actually cheap low-profile sound card. I consideration regarding modifying the existing bracket other than I would have a preference not do it for the reason by means of the intention of I might necessitate it later on. I do not have comprised several additional low profile brackets at the entire. Then you have to go to device manager and reinstall the drivers first and reboot. Throughout the boot, go in to the BIOS and twist off the onboard sound. On one occasion it's booted, endeavor reinstalling the drivers the entire in excess of again, sometimes installing drivers exclusive of fully eliminating the old ones leaves junk with the intention of be able to cause tribulations. In addition, your onboard sound might be fighting by means of your sound card in excess of who gets to play the music, I had similar fixation where it would not run in excess of the SPDIF until I put out of action onboard sound.

My onboard sound had been damaged a small number of weeks back, and I originate an XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro (I have encompassed a diminutive budget, and it was there, I be familiar by means of there are much superior cards. I do not have encompassed them.) For cheap on Craigslist I had inaugurated the card the recent past, and it demonstrate up in the Windows Device Manager regarding two dozen or so times originally as VGA Device, PCI Device, and Multimedia Audio Controller. Subsequent to driver inaugurate the VGA Device entries revolutionize to Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM) in the appropriate category, and the additional stay without drivers in the additional Devices category. I have comprised and endeavor safe mode to eliminate the additional installations of it, additional than as almost immediately as I boot into Windows generally, they pop right back up. I have not seen no matter which approximating my predicament, so I apologize if this was in issue somewhere previously.

I have comprised and endeavour every which method of driver installation, they the entire seem to work extremely well. At this point it gives the impression of being similar to it's a hardware/Windows predicament, so I not be able to even complain regarding several driver issues. Well, besides it not getting rid of the entire the "other" sound card entries. As of today, the system would not display several video when the card is inaugurated. I take for granted it's essentially booting, as the noises are normal, additional than the mobo LEDs display VGA Error. Did I get a terrible card possibly. Yes I imagine there's something terrible by means of the card. Or perhaps an inappropriateness by means of my motherboard. I do have encompassed an nForce4 chip, and I do remember hearing something regarding Creative cards and nForce chipsets. Additional than I do not remember what versions or descriptions. I had endeavour it on Ubuntu Karmic today (ultimately got the system to boot generally by means of the card in, merely took regarding 430284302 resets) and "lspci -v | less" gave me fundamentally the similar output as the Windows Device Manager I presume to immediately confirm by means of the intention of the card itself is not terrible. I did locate an in excess of on the creative discussion regarding the nForce4 conflict, and excavation matches right up by means of it. So at this point it give the impression of being similar to moreover get a innovative motherboard to suit this card, or a innovative sound card to suit my motherboard. Perhaps I determine to get a number of resell values out of the X-fi.

I have contained and had the SB X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI card for approximately a year at present. I primarily had Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and then went back to XP for a bit, at present I am working with Windows 7 RC. I had zero tribulations by means of XP or Vista, and none at the entire by means of windows 7 until a couple weeks ago. The whole thing was running extremely well, no complaints at the entire. I unplugged my headset and purchased it run for a diminutive number of days. When I took it back home I was not capable to speak in find expression for. I ran from side to side the "mic configuration wizard" and Windows did not pick and choose up several audio at the entire from side to side my mic. I have comprised and had the headset for three years and encompass been waiting for it do die to get the PC350 headset. I ran in excess of the cable a small number of times at run by means of my chair, so I did not inconvenience testing it on an additional pc, immediately ordered the innovative ones. Subsequent to I got the ones, similar thing, no input commencing the mic. I endeavour together headsets on my friend's laptop (Vista Home 64-bit) and mutually mics runs by means of no tribulations at the entire. I in addition facilitated the onboard sound my pc and I be able to get the mic to work additional than the sound superiority is actually terrible and encompass to max the boost (+30db). I have comprised a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with the intention of I might be installing this weekend if I encompass the time to observe if this has several improvements.

I am assuming by means of the intention of, subsequent to you inaugurated Windows 7, you tranquil downloaded the drivers commencing it. The Windows 7 does an enormous job of automate the apparatus setup procedure, additional than sometimes the drivers it gets is not a superior match for your hardware, or at least an obsolete version or description. Yes, I have endeavoured the auto installed and the most recent commencing Creative. Subsequent to the whole thing I encompass and originate in different discussion, this come into view to be a driver predicament. I pulled the card out and position it in an additional box I have encompassed dual booting Ubuntu and XP, no tribulations at the entire on moreover one. I am utilizing my system for gaming, watching movies, listening to music, etc. Additional than I saw at a number of position with the intention of there are many tribulations regarding this card & nforce(crackling sound). In view of the fact by means of the intention of I encompass nForce 560 chipset motherboard, nvidia 8800gt gpu, so I do not desire to purchase this card to any further extent. Someone told me with the intention of ASUS XONAR DX/XD is superior sound card, additional than my free PCI-E is situated beneath VGA, and I do not desire to destroy my vga by means of heat.