Thread: Samsung 2TB can slowdown performance after making partition

Samsung 2TB can slowdown performance after making partition

Can you please give me some kind of solution about my WHS (Windows home server)? Is there is anybody that work on WHS, if yes than please give me some solution about how to make partition in that hard drive. I have operating system Microsoft Windows XP; RAM about 8GB (4 x 4), hard drive 2TB, and graphic card GeForce GTx 460, Intel Core i7 @3.06GHz processor. If you have any other idea about partition software, by that I can make partition easily please share with me. I want to make partition over this hard drive, if you have any solution to fix this please give it to me, by which I can figure it out that how to make partition on WHS hard drive.

Re: Samsung 2TB can slowdown performance after making partition

I know something about the Windows home server, yes you can make partition on that 2TB drive. After trying this, there is some possibility that your system performance gets down so little but never harm your system it is sure. You can make partition on 2TB hard drive by also using any partitioner software. So don’t worry just do it and fulfill your requirement.

You can make partition by using PARTITION MAGIC software, this software allow you to make part on your hard drive with easy feature. I would like to tell you that this software not harm your system but if you could do this partition by any bootable CD means when you are formatting your drive at that time it will ask you to format than select complete format and after that create new partition as you want to do. At this way your system is stay in safe mode means it will delete all the data and also all the infected data which is affected with the virus. Try this solution after trying this you might get satisfy and get your result at proper state.

---- After making partition your system take too much time to process, means during scanning, while start up the desktop. Default partitioning will not be aligned to 4KB; this will decrease your writing performance on the sector drive. So always use trusted partition software which easily make part into your drive. By my side I can give only this solution as per my knowledge.

If you make any partition on the 2TB hard drive with misaligned partitions you might see that your system might work slowly means your system performance might get decreases due to emulation. Emulation means it makes duplicate copy of one system function so that the duplicate function works like a first system, due to this your system get confused while processing and might decrease your system performance. So be careful while making partition by any software or by the bootable CD.

---- You could use WDalign tool to align the partition, this tool provide you a great feature and has a user friendly function. This tool make a partition with the 4K format drives on your WHS server or you can plug a jumper on the back, so the operating system think that it’s not a 4K format drive, after trying this you might get satisfy and get the proper result and not worry about your system performance, it never harm you system. So just try it.

---- This trick work great in my system that simply runs under Windows XP. You could do this by using GParted/MagicParted, for this you don’t need Windows 7 operating system. To do this you need a tool that create the aligned partition and then avoid your operating system to create misaligned partitions. But I am not giving you surety about the WHS because it not like old XP version. If you going with this trick just disable the jumper before creating any partition, because jumper transformed the aligned partition to misaligned partition and in XP it is vice versa. So try this after think over this solution, it might helpful to you.