Thread: Need help finding a UPS for my current rig

Need help finding a UPS for my current rig

Hi friends. I have 5 year old apc power supply 500VA which is not giving back up of even one minute. As a result I’m thinking of changing it. It was giving backup on the way to my old hp p4 support rig which I’ve sell in lieu of my present rig. I am currently planning to buy a newly launched APC 600VA. Is it sufficient intended for my present system. Below is the detail of my rig:
    core i5 750,
    intel dp55wb,
    2x2gb ddr3 ram,
    corsair vx450psu, cm elite 335,
    Asus EAH 5750 FORMULA 1GB GDDR5,
    samsung 2033 sw plus, wd green 1tb(internal),
    wd 1tb my book(external),
    hp dvd writer
    Any suggestion regarding to this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need help finding a UPS for my current rig

As per my knowledge minimum is APC 650VA and not 600VA however at the same time as you have a small power starving graphics card, as a result I consider 800VA UPS from APC will recommend enhanced VFM. A 650VA will be completely well-matched by means of VX450W. Go for it. Do keep in mind that if you upgrade in the future on the way to 550W or else higher power supply, you require an 800VA UPS at most.

I will say that it depends on what components are you connecting with your power supply as well as what you are doing at what time there is a power slice. I at the moment have 600va UPS. As well as I obsessed my CPU power cord, Monitor power cord, plus a 2.1 setup. Furthermore my UPS noticeably throttle if there is a power down or else still voltage variation. As well as if I am presently browsing stuff or else playing a movie.. Not anything will take place. I will acquire a support of 5-7mins depending on the power of the programs I am running. However, if I am programming videos or else playing games the UPS frankly goes into power off mode, the subsequently second there is power cut. I primary thinking there is somewhat incorrect by means of my UPS as well as had it systematically checked. It came out OK. However I at a standstill have the trouble.Except, HD 5750 is not as power starving as HD 4890. As well as similar is by means of i5 compare on the way to my C2Q. Moreover still If you don't features the trouble I'm facing, the quantity of back up time will be deal with severely.Go with 800VA UPS.

I am having this PSU as well as Hardware Logic look at the CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA 900W UPS which is a fairly priced solution for those by means of high powered systems.
    Model: CP1500AVRLCD / CP1500LCD / BC1500C
    VA Rating: 1500VA
    Watts: 900W
    Input Voltage on Utility: 90V - 140V
    Output Voltage on Battery: 120V
    Output Frequency on Battery: 60Hz
    Maximum Surge Current: 1080 Joules
    Overload Protection: 50,000 Amps
    Battery run time: Up to 170 minutes

APC 650VA advantage: It will works well with Linux
    APC 650VA Cons: extremely awful power output - not even close on the way to a sine wave as a result, 2 out of the 6 systems I tested on it do not work. One has an elder Antec TruePower 550, the other a Rosewill 650W power supply. Rosewill one does not power on as well as the Antec one does not discover the sata dvd drive furthermore crashes over and over again. At what time run on street power or else off an aging APC unit, they both work immense.

Similar APC units are not to a great extent extra costly – do not formulate the similar error I did as well as expect you be able to save yourself a few bucks. The output waveform of this device is a pretend sine wave. Computers which make use of a Power Factor Correction power supply will just function in the approved manner by means of a Sinewave UPS , Professional line of UPS systems. The majority mainstream computers on the market do NOT have Power Factor Correction power supplies; as a result these UPSs function perfectly beneath typical conditions.