Thread: what is needed to use PCMCIA?

what is needed to use PCMCIA?

Hi i using the Dell laptop with the dual core processor and windows Xp as the operating system. I am using this from the last few years, now i have decided to use the pcmcia card with it. But the thing here is that i am having old sis motherboard so is it possible for me to use this card on the same. Also one if possible then let me know the system requirement for PCMCIA card. I want to use this card for internet connection so also tell me which is the best card available. Please help me out of this case.

Re: what is needed to use PCMCIA?

In this case it is possible for you to use this card and i will suggest you to use the PCM-CR-PC2IF2-B card. It is one of the finest card with lots of exciting features. Here are some of the features of this one:
    • It has the ability to Supports the PCMCIA-ATA disk interface
    • It has two 16 bit PC Card sockets
    • It comes with the PCI Local Bus Specification 2.1
    • It provides you the standard service that is nothing but the PC Card 95 standards
    • It only reuires a pci slot for its installation
    • It helps you to get the automatic detection 16 bit PC Card
    • It also supports the ACPI

Yes it will work on the motherboard that you are using. So don't worry by the latest on and then install on the system of yours in this case it is a laptop and i an sure that it will not create any compatibility issues and will work smoothly. Installing the this card will not conflict with your motherboard in fact it will not give any problems on other motherboards also. so what you have to do in this case is just purchase a new on and then connect with the laptop of yours and later on you can use the same for usb connectivity and also for network connection.

If you need the the PCMICA card for internet connection then here is the better option for your system. I think you should go with the D-Link DWL-G650 cardl.The D-Link DWL-G650 Wireless Notebook Adapter is a robust and powerful 802.11g wireless adapter for your notebook. The DWL-G650 features WPA, 108Mbps, 128-bit WEP, 802.11b compatibility.The Wi-Fi certified DWL-G650 Wireless Notebook Adapter features extremely high performance as well as industry-wide compatibility. Wi-Fi certification ensures that the DWL-G650 will be compatible with more of your existing network hardware.Using the DWL-G650 to provide wireless connectivity for your notebook allows you to be more mobile. Access available 802.11b/g networks without the restrictions of phone lines or Ethernet cables. When traveling, feel confident that your notebook will be able to work with the ever increasing number of wireless hotspots.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you should check out the DFE-690TXD 10. It is the fastest Ethernet notebook adapter that will give you the best wired network connectivity. Here are some of the exciting features that will help you know this card in detail:
    • It provides you the reliable wired network connection.
    • Once this card is connected you can can share the photos, music and other files on the network
    • It provides you high speed internet connection.
    • It also provides you the easy to read LED's that helps you to check the status of the network quickly.
    • It is easy to install and use.
    • It has such features which enables the windows based platform to detect it automatically.
    • It helps you to connect the wired network of yours by adding D-Link 10/100 Fast Ethernet Notebook Adapter on your system.

According to me you have to go with the Transcend CompactFlash PCMCIA Adapter. This card enable you to work with the laptop and will also be compatible with the notebook you are using. Here are some features that will help you to know this card in detail:
    • It has the ability to convert the 50-pin CompactFlash Card to 68-pin PCMCIA
    • It will not give you any compatibility issues
    • It is best compatible with the Type I CompactFlash Cards
    • It will give you the Plug and Play facility where you have to just insert the card and then just start using it.
    • They will also give you the 2-year Warranty with the card