Thread: Creative X-Fi Titanium Dolby Digital 7.1

Creative X-Fi Titanium Dolby Digital 7.1

I have a new sound card (Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E x1, bulk) and unfortunately bought a small problem. The sound card is connected via optical input on my HD TV receiver and then goes through the analog outputs on a 7.1 system. Now this works fine except the HD channels which output the sound in Dolby Digital. Because, unfortunately, is no more sound. What I have found so far with: A Dolby Digital decoder, the card does, but apparently there is no official driver for it? Are there any unofficial drivers to enable this? If so which ones? It is supposed to give software decoders, but how can I install and go without that I always turn to the PC to have to if I change the channel? Or I have configured the sound card simply wrong? Thank you for your help!

Re: Creative X-Fi Titanium Dolby Digital 7.1

I am also going through the same problem and in that I have not found just in the FAQ the following statement: "X-Fi Titanium (24 bit/ 96 kHz). PCI Express version with DTS Connect DDL3.0 and without EMI Shield and without X-RAM No hardware Dolby decoder (with Power DVD)" Can anyone tell me how this works with Power DVD and if I can use this, so I then again even if I did sound Dolby digital feed? There was then the following statement: "Note: No X-fi Titanium hardware can decode Dolby / DTS, because it allowed Creative There are also no current DAT files, the decoder to restore." Can we assume that this will change in the near future? Is there else any solution? This has been annoying me the card purchased separately for the optical input and now I cannot use it properly.

I do it in a nutshell, that is not at present possible and probably is no "workaround". With PowerDVD, only DD and DTS decoding what to DVD / CD / IMAGE.... or the like are leaked. Sometimes it works, depending on your operating system with the old X-Fi Music, but not with the Titanium. So regarding this I know only this much so I hope it will going to help you in order to get rid from this issue.

Is really very much annoying. I thought that would be no problem if the thing a DA-analog converter has, as listed on the Creative site. "24 bit digital to analog conversion of digital sources at 96kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output." Will in the near future as well do something with the drivers or Dat File? or I'm forced to buy a new sound card?

Well what you are describing has nothing to do stop in the first place with the conversion of DD or DTS to an analog signal via the sound card.
    In the long term will certainly change as more and nothing, probably not because the demand is there. In another thread you go in the other almost the same story.
    The dat the file is certainly nothing. If I remember correctly, that was just the workaround for the 1.XFi generation so that the function is again under Vista. If your card but that was never provided, so do not exist or gabs also the mod. Whether the 1.Xfi the generation at all is, I know, but unfortunately not.
    Ultimately, you probably have 4 options:
    • You live with the situation now term
    • X-Fi Music buy cheap on ebay and try it out (vll is also one in the forum, the one and test it for you)
    • A decoder box, like the devil Decode station
    • Or containing a great AVR Receiver

The Devil's Box I've seen is unfortunately only for a 5.1 system (I have a 7.1). Until now, there are, fortunately, only a few stations that offer Dolby Digital and the rest is not pure in dolby digital via the optical, which can be yes, then played back. If I want then we'll see NEN HD channels I have to hold the analog signal tap and line-intercept in. It is like annoying noise from the line-in get rid of when no input signal? 7.1 Systems are in fact no longer in demand? So could I find nowhere comparable to what the devil decoder station for 7.1? A big AV receiver is too expensive for this one thing. It surprises me, however, that there is not a sound card that has such a decoder? Have just scared because the shots? Thanks in advance.

The MITM Line-In you I cannot answer, unfortunatelyAmong the other topics I can only speculate. Simply is not interesting in total, as Dolby Digital and DTS himself only used 5.1. Is it able to process. Of course there extensions to the systems, but ultimately are in existence for barely DVDs with 7.1. Perhaps this is better with the spread when BluRay and HDTV only continue. But many (and for that I am one with this) have neither the space nor the need for 7.1. When the sound card looks like that. The integration of DD and / or DTS costs first money for licenses, although vll uses only a fraction of the buyer to function. Certainly a plug-in model as Creative with the old and Audigys DDLive and DTSConnect would be possible, but certainly costs money in the first development. And in the end, one or the other still an AV receiver. Well we see just now, but are only speculations. Maybe there in times ne software alternative from the open-source area similar to the AC3Filter (vll integrate the function of time at some point?), but now looks more of Mau. But vll helps nerve Creative yes, because if all do it, then comes something vll times of which as a plugin.