Thread: Black Ops: Problem with headset?

Black Ops: Problem with headset?

Hi friends, I have bought a headset from Waymart. I bring that to my place and connected that to my USB port. As I inserted that then I found that the blue light gets on. I went to multiplayer and there I am not able to see the mic min front of my name. I am not able to hear anything from it. I raised the volume to top and then also I am not able to hear anything from it. I think that I have to change something in the settings. But I don’t know that exactly what to do. Please help me if you know anything about this.

Re: Black Ops: Problem with headset?

As you said that you are getting green light on when you connected that to the USB slot. So I think that there should not be any problem with the headphone. It is possible that you may have turned that off and that is why you are not getting sound from it. You can turn that on by simply pressing the z button from the nunchuck. This may take the sound back if that is turned off.

I am sure that you must have tried many things but here I would like to restate that so that you will be able to find all the answers in just one post.
    • First think that you must check is that if the blue light is on or not.
    • You should be able to see the voice chat indicator is there on the lower right corner of the screen.
    • You can toggle On/Off the voice chat by using the ‘Z’ button.
    • You can also toggle the voice chat with 'Left/Right' motion from the analog stick which is there on the Wii nunchuck. If you do this to turn on this then you will not be able to turn that back with the ‘Z’ button. I don’t know the reason for that.

There is possibility that the audio is muted from the settings. You should go to the audio settings and see whether it is muted or what. It is also possible that the volume for it may be lowered and it is not giving the sound out. You can also try to restore the setting sand this will bring it to its default setting. After doing that again try to use the headphone and see whether this time it is giving you the sound or not?

Have you checked your headset on any other machine? Just try to use that with any other machine to see whether that is giving sound through the headphone or not? If it is possible then you can also try to use any other headphone that is working on other machine and see if that is giving sound on your machine. If that is fine on your machine then the problem is definitely with the headphone you have bought. You must have the warranty card for that and I am sure that it is under the warranty period because you bought it recently as you told. Take that back to the dealer from where you bought that and ask them for the issue. They will solve the issue or if it is the major one then they will simply replace that with the new one.