Thread: Installing sound card CT4670 in Windows 7

Installing sound card CT4670 in Windows 7

I have just installed windows 7 and the kx 3550 driver for my CT4670.
    But i don't have sound at all. I have also check hardware session in the device manger it shows speaker driver icon but it didn’t work when I tried to install it, it shows: "No 10k2 card detected...Please use k1lt or Epilog..!" .I have 2.1 Speaker mode, 2.0 Stereo only. At beginning I thought the problem might be in the speaker then I have tried with another speaker of my friend but its shows the same. I am DJ by profession that is why I need to use speakers for creating and mixing music by using music software so I need help immediately.

Re: Installing sound card CT4670 in Windows 7

OK I will tell first to check with simple technique, swap your rear and front speaker setup and try to play and also try with the different output if it’s not work then do one thing go to windows audio panel by playing some music then you find visual sound graph from the VU meters . Or you can try by using SPDIF/AC3 as your main out even with the non digital speakers then you can find the best sound output.If you want then you can search many new driver versions which very much compatible with your system by searching on internet.
    Last edited by Yitzchak909; 16-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.

First I will tell you that check your system its demanding for 10k1 not 10k2 because it’s not compatible with your system. 10k1 are live cards and 10k2 are audiology card. For running smoothly on your system configuration you have to do some internal software settings that I will tell you, first reset DSP by using right key then click on KX mixer which is from default and then click on OK. And try to play music and check sound. If still not getting sound then I will suggest you to try another sound card available in the market which is specially made for people like you.

I can tell you some steps, hope it will work for you because some time before I have also the same problem. I will suggest you to use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version or also with 32 bit version .Then you have to make SPDIF default in windows sound settings then need to go in to the SPDIF bypass button which is shown in the mixer on main window, it will check your box and it will start blinking on screen and then you can check the sound by playing any song or audio in it.

I will agree with you that you are DJ by profession and you are facing this problem, I don’t know exact answer for you question but I will suggest you some better option for you that you can download new updated software which is kxproject and for driver compatibility you can have option of other operating systems I will suggest you to use windows 32 bit version rather that windows 64 bit version its better for compatibility for most of software and applications. Or else you can try with window 7 ultimate version its better for driver’s compatibility than other windows 7.

In all PC there is recovery disk option for motherboard and it also includes audio driver. First install the creative audio drivers this will allow to install your all types of audio driver and sound booster application automatically. You have to type “creative sound blaster with windows 7” . You can call engineer for that he will definitely help you out if he has idea about this.