Thread: Steps to connect Xbox 360 to TV

Steps to connect Xbox 360 to TV

I am having LCD32TV022HD at my home. Few days before only I have purchased an Xbox 360. Now I want that my Xbox 360 should connect to the LCD TV. I am unaware of the steps and the various hardware devices that will be required to connect Xbox 360 to LCD. Also provide me the settings that I will require at the time of connecting xbox 360 to LCD.

Re: Steps to connect Xbox 360 to TV

You can connect your HDTV to Xbox360by using the following steps:
    • You need to have Xbox360 component and HDTV (High-Definition Multimedia Interface).
    • Then connect D-connector of the audio-visual cable to the audio-visual port located on the Xbox 360 console.
    • You need to set HDTV on the audio-visual connector to HDTV mode.
    • Then connect the D-connector on the D-connector HD audio-visual cable to the D-connector jack on the HDTV.
    • Then connect the red and white audio connector on the D-connector on the audio-visual cable into the red and white input jacks.
    • Put on the Xbox360 console. If you wish to change the settings of the HDTV you can go into the system section and select high definition video setting which is supported by your HDTV.

To connect Xbox360 to digital audio system is very easy. You must have an Xbox 360 component and audio system. You need to set up digital audio connection because digital audio produces higher sound with better quality. Connect the D-connector of the AV cable to the AV port on the Xbox360 component. Now you can switch on the AV connector to digital audio system. Connect the D-connector on the D-connector HD AV cable to the D-connector jack on the HDTV. Now take an optical S/PDIF cable from the AV connector on the D-connector HD AV cable to the digital audio input jack on the receiver. Switch on the Xbox360. In the system tab you can change the audio and digital output according to your system.

From the above solution I have connected my HDTV to Xbox360 without any difficulty. It was also possible for me to change the settings of my HDTV. After successfully connecting and changing the settings, my TV screen does not appear. Is there any way through which solve the problem of the screen. Also I need the steps to connect my Xbox360 to digital audio system.

After successfully establishing the connection if the Xbox360 screen does not appear then you may need to select correct video output on the TV. Different manufacturer provide different input types. The common input types are:
    • Source
    • EXT
    • Video 1
    • Line In
    • Input Select
    • AUX

You need to set input types to these inputs which are available. If you are still confused to set the video input of the TV then you can refer to the owner's manual.

Below are the steps that will connect your Xbox360 to standard TV. Make sure that your Xbox360 is turned off. Connect the audio-visual connector on the D-connector of HD audio-visual cable on the audio-visual port located on your Xbox360 component. Now you need to set the HDTV switch to the audio-visual connector of your TV. Connect the yellow color RCA composite video connector on the D-connector HD audio-visual cable to the yellow input jack on the TV. Don’t make use of the D-connector. Connect the red and white RCA audio connector on the D-connector HD audio-visual cable to the red and white input jack located on the TV.