Thread: Monitor remains black after computer is turn on

Monitor remains black after computer is turn on

Hey guys,

I bought a second hand motherboard with a processor P4 3.2 at a computer market and I did tested it at the computer market itself and it was displaying on the screen. But when I got home and i installed everything in my casing, the screen remained black.

My monitor is working fine as I tested it with another pc which is working well.
    Its not a Graphic card problem also because I tested it with another graphic card and also the integrated VGA on the motherboard
    I dont think its a power supply problem also because I did recently bought a new power supply.
    I guess the RAM are working fine as they didn't make any sound error.

Anyone can help me fixing this problem?

Cheers,

Oliver

Re: Monitor remains black after computer is turn on

This is can be due to compatibility issue between ram or processor. Old motherboards have major compatibility issue especially related to the RAM. Post the model number of motherboard here with some specification if you can. You must atleast see the bios scree, after that if there is a black screen then it is a hard drive issue. You have to install windows in that. Your monitor is not getting a display signal from your motherboard because of which you cannot see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzchak909 View Post
    This is can be due to compatibility issue between ram or processor. Old motherboards have major compatibility issue especially related to the RAM. Post the model number of motherboard here with some specification if you can. You must atleast see the bios scree, after that if there is a black screen then it is a hard drive issue. You have to install windows in that. Your monitor is not getting a display signal from your motherboard because of which you cannot see anything.
    I don't have the details of the motherboard right now but i'll post it up later.
    This motherboard supports DDR2 RAM which I'm currently using.

No i don't see any bios screen at all. It just remains black but yeah my monitor isn't getting any display signal from the motherboard

Did you checked your motherboard on any other Monitor? As you have bought the second hand Motherboard so there is not guarantee of this. But if you are getting the black screen then it might be possible that the jack through which the monitor is connected gone bad or the Mobo is not supporting the display driver. I will advise you to check for the jack first and later on go with the installation of the Windows with the latest driver which might resolve the same.