Thread: Epson CX4900 cause Counter-Reset error on Mac system

Epson CX4900 cause Counter-Reset error on Mac system

My Epson CX4900 printer is not working on my machine. I want to know what actually happening with my printer. I have a dual operating system one is Microsoft Windows 7 and other is MAC. This printer won’t allow me to print anything it resetting due to some reason. This system has processor of Intel dual core @2.9GHz, motherboard of Gigabyte and a RAM of 2GB. It reset the counter that point will stop the printer and show message “service required”. Is there is anybody has a solution for this kind of situation please share with me, I need to know that what is happening with my printer and the system. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Epson CX4900 cause Counter-Reset error on Mac system

This is so simple error as per my knowledge, you can simply resolve this kind of error by reinstalling the printer driver again in the system. Your system is printing if your system is not detecting that printer driver. You might get lost your printer driver due to virus or it might happen due to system crash. So just reinstall that driver will solve your problem and after trying this solution you might work with your system and can able to print anything.

This problem may arise if your printer is not loading any print paper means print queue might get full. This will cause overflow to the printer process and you face this problem. To solve this just delete all the process which you have put in the print queue. As per my idea this is only solution for you. Try this and will able to print anything from your printer.

If you want to solve this problem, just reset all the counter and you will get your printer back as normal state. You can solve this by following simple step, while printer is on just hold down the PAPERJAMRESET button for the 10 or 15 seconds. While doing this you hear the terrible sound which claims that your printer is resetting. Just go with this solution you might face your problem and get a better result and you can print anything from your printer.

This problem sometime occur if your printer chip is damaged or has lost the connection from the printer motherboard. So just repair that chip by any computer hardware shop. At that shop you only get the proper solution for your problem. Automatic reset problem won’t allow you to print anything, so try this solution. I am not so sure about this solution that it works properly so go to hardware shop you might get satisfy and your printer will work fine after doing this.

To solve this problem you just remove all the connection and then uninstall printer driver. After this reconnect all the cable properly can easily solve your problem. This problem might occur if your one of the cartridge gets damaged due to come reason. You can resolve this by simply remove this cartridge or replacing that to new one. Try this it might help you to come out from this mess.