Thread: A 3G usb modem model contains Video calling support in dashboard

A 3G usb modem model contains Video calling support in dashboard

I am looking for a 3G USB modem that supports Video Calling. The 3G USB modem perfectly supports the Voice calling function. There is no issue with that. But I am looking for a video calling functions supports in dashboard and also the 3G modem supporting. I think that there might be some brands from Huawei that supports in dashboard. I don’t bother about the company and their brands. I just want this 3g modem which suits my requirement. I hope that the manufacturers had built this thing. But the primary option is Huawei.

Re: A 3G usb modem model contains Video calling support in dashboard

As far as my experience concern it is not the best option to use the video calling feature supports in dashboard. If you get the good usb modem then it is the best option to use the IM application for video calling. The quality of video streaming in IM application is good in case if you have the slow internet access. I am telling this suggestion to you because still the USB modem doesn’t include video calling in dashboard. They manufacturers are still working on this feature.

There is a one product from Huawei that supports many features along with Video Calling. The name of the product is HUAWEI E1550 3G modem. You can use either 3G or 2G SIM for connection. It is a lightweight and portable device with dimension 87.5mm × 26mm × 11mm. It includes HSDPA/UMTS 2100 MHz and EDGE/GPRS/GSM 1900/1800/900/850 MHz. The supported features are Voice call, Video call, SMS, MMS, USSD etc. It is a plug and play device that can be used in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac and Linux. It has a Micro SD card slot that supports up to 8GB.

There are several Huawei 3G USB modems that support s voice calling in Dashboard. But this technology doesn’t contain the Video Call in Dashboard. The manufacturers are keep working with this. But I heard about the one brand named Huawei E1762 that will support the video calling in dashboard. But I am not sure about this. You may contact the registered retailers or the Huawei service provider and acquire the information about this product.