Thread: Gigabyte 9800Pro graphic card crashes on Epox 8KTA2 motherboard

Gigabyte 9800Pro graphic card crashes on Epox 8KTA2 motherboard

I have some problem on my motherboard, which not works properly. My system is not displaying anything on the screen. This all thing happen at this morning when I turned on the computer. I think there must be some problem on motherboard. When try to start my computer without graphic card or with any other graphic card, it works nicely, but the error occurs when I start my computer with the Gigabyte 9800Pro graphic card. I think there in incompatible combination on my configuration. I have system that simply runs under Microsoft XP Pro, processor of AMD ATHLON 2500+ Barton, has 576 SDRAM, I am using 380w Antec power supply. Do you have any knowledge about this combination if yes then please give it to me, any other information related to this combination would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte 9800Pro graphic card crashes on Epox 8KTA2 motherboard

First you just understand about the combination of your system, that your motherboard support only 200MHz FSB ATHLON processor. As per my idea this is not compatible to your processor because it takes too much power for the process. AMD Barton processor has range about 333MHz, as per my knowledge this combination can destroy your processor or it may destroy your motherboard. After trying this solution your graphic card will work normally without any interference. So change your processor because this is bad combination. Think over this solution, it might help you.

As I know this is the way of limit means you have bad combination. This combination make more damaged to your system. Your system is not displaying anything because this reason only , this might give damage to your motherboard socket, it is possible that your board or your processor is sorted due to this combination. You can fix this problem by checking your system to any technician, he will only the person who solve this and gives you better solution.

To resolve this kind of problem just replaces your processor which exactly fit to your motherboard. You could refer any processor which has 200MHz FSB, for this you can use AMD 2400XP ATHLON processor which exactly compatible to your motherboard. Your graphic card gives you better performance by this processor and you might never face this problem again. If it not works after trying this you must change your motherboard because it has some kind of sort on that. Try this processor and I hope that work on your system.

---- If you don’t want to change your processor than just replace your motherboard which supports this processor of 333MHz FSB. You can use VIA KT600/8237 Chipset motherboard which normally supports 333 and 400 MHz FSB AMD processor. This processor gives better output performance over your Gigabyte 9800Pro graphic card, try this motherboard will help you to come out from this kind of mess.

You have such bad combination of the system that your BARTON processor will not work with your motherboard because your motherboard only take load about 200MHz and your recent processor has range about 333MHz FSB. If you don’t want to lose your system again just replace your board or replace your processor by which they both much more compatible to each other. Just do as I say your graphic card will work after doing this change on your system and you will get your solution that might help you to come out from this kind of mess.

Your system crashes due to only overload. This overload only happen if you have bad power supply or this is also possible that if you have processor that not able to load it process on the motherboard because of incompatibility, you may see this kind of problem. If your power supply is not properly given to all the hardware then also your system might get damage. So to solve this thing just replace your PSU or buy one motherboard which support this BARTON 333MHz processor, try this solution, I hope this work on your system