Thread: How to find DC Jack working or not?

How to find DC Jack working or not?

I have recently replaced DC connector (jack) for my Sony Vaio FXA32 because it was damaged physically when it fall from my hand. I want to know here is that it is possible to test if new DC connector is working or not but I have some worries regarding this. It is possible to test it with no hard drive, monitor and memory attached to it. There is any damage that can be done if I try to test my new DC connector, please provide me details regarding this can the steps which can be followed to test new DC connector.

Re: How to find DC Jack working or not?

After the jack is fixed look if there is any kind of problem still there, check for short circuit before connecting device to power else you might damage power adapter. After you are sure there is no short present after that see that there is load to the power adapter. You should connect adapter after the connector is connected to the load. I think your power adapter have integrated load protection that all adapter have now a day’s other than this the system will work with no hard drive and memory but you require to have monitor to see booting. But it will show you error no hard drive fond. I think your doubt about the DC jack testing is clear now and you can go for it now.

I think you can simple test if your new DC connector is working or not by connecting it cables use for connecting it to the plugs. I think you have to do that with the help of some technical person that will direct you in doing right thing for connecting. I don't think it possible for you to check if it is working without having hard drive or memory as you are using Sony laptop display will be there but it will create error if you try to boot system without the components. I think Sony will help you better in resolving your doubt.

I suggest you to take help of some technical experts or you need to take your laptop to Sony authorized service center. They will test your replaced DC jack which you have done yourself if you have some kind of fault in DC connector they will fix it. They will really fix your issue, will test your DC connector with there system and let you know if everything is working correcting or not. I think you should go for this solution to visit service center as they will total resolve issue with DC connector.