Thread: SSD that will work with any MiniPCIe slot

SSD that will work with any MiniPCIe slot

I am currently using Dell Inspiron 1545 in which I have two mini-PCIe slots an one of them is used. I was hoping to attach a solid state drive for some storage from main Hard Drive. SSD I want to attach for usual backup in case of unexpected Hard Drive breakdown. So I am look for cards that have the controller on board and that use a regular PCIe interface. It is ok if the SSD is USB based Expresscard, so if anyone have solution for this please let me know if there any SSD that work with any Mini PCIe slot.

Re: SSD that will work with any MiniPCIe slot

I think as you are fine with USB SSD so you can go for the external USB hard drive which you can connect through USB port provided on your system. You need to just connect the external USB solid state drive through the USB port, after which you can have the backup of your system from the main hard drive which is there in your Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. I think this should be really fine with you as you are OK with USB SSD.

The Mini PCI-Express Slots are placed according to the Mini-PCI Express pattern 1.2. This must be well-suited with several Mini-PCI-Express cards, as card is designed according to the Mini PCI-Express SSD. The SSD states to be Mini PCIe slot enabled, they are same as "Mini PCIe Cards". Requirement of SSDs, other manufacturers followed, which is consequential in a incredibly confusing set-up in the SSD which shows to be appropriate for use on "Mini-PCIe Slot". I think you can have SSD from many companies which are manufacturing it.

I am not talking about the external USB drive I intended to have a miniPCIe card that uses the USB lines that are accessible on the connector. I want to have a card that will be in the system forever internally not by the attaching out like a USB flash drive Or a USB hard drive. I want to have SSD that will automatically have backup and work with Mini PCIe slot, so if more information provided will be appreciated.