Thread: Two HDD affect the system performance

Two HDD affect the system performance

My system is running under 2 hard drives one of 160GB and other one is of 80GB. I have a RAM of 512GB, processor of Intel core 2 Duo @2.6GHz, motherboard of Gigabyte, operating system Microsoft Window XP and I recently added graphic card has a size 128MB. My computer is not working fast as I want. I thought my dual hard disk cause this problem so I remove the cable and reconnect again. I am using dual system one is XP and another one is windows 2003. Just show me the way at which I can run my computer fast. Any suggestion if you have about this please share with me. Any other idea that will help me please give it to me.

Re: Two HDD affect the system performance

First you remove your other 80GB hard drive and stick with the 160GB hard drive with only one but new cable. Your processor speed is too slow for this kind of configuration so do it what I say if you want to improve your system performance. After attaching hard drive reinstall system will definitely work very fast as you want to do.

Your computer system might get slow because you have RAM of 512MB. This RAM is playing role to improve your system performance means it gives some boost when system is doing anything means while multi tasking. If I were at your place I only change the RAM size to 2 to 4 GB which is quite enough for this system. Just replace your memory with better one will help you to come out from this mess.

Your system get slow if your computer is affected by the virus. To resolve this just scan your computer with the updated anti-virus. This will remove all the unused entry and can remove application which has no longer use. Due to less memory size your system might get slow. This is the only simple solution for your problems just try this and your system might work normally.

If you have so many temporary internet file and the cookies this also cause your system to work slow. This all file take much space that has no use so delete it and your computer will work fine. Another solution is that you can reinstall your system to improve performance. If you format the drive it will delete entire file and place new copy of file in the system. Just go with this solution will help you to sort out this problem and you may face your problem.

Due to graphic card your system might get slow. Graphic card takes more power to process means to play game etc. But the thing is that your processor is not capable to give that kind range process power. So if you want to improve your system performance than remove graphic card or change the processor. Graphic card force the cpu to process at high range means out of its capacity, for this reason your system works slow. So remove graphic card and your system work like awesome.