Thread: Help with raid 0 with ocz agility 60gb

Help with raid 0 with ocz agility 60gb

hello guys I’m planning on the subject of buying a OCZ agility SSD plus I’m planning on the way to install my operat6ing system to the SSD drive as a result the boot will be real more quicker as well as I’m scheduling on the way to do a RAID 0 setup in support of my 3 WD 7200rpm HD and I t planning with reference to installing a few of my games applications on the raid setup HD as well as install a few multimedia software on the way to my OCZ Agility SSD I hope I be able to manage to pay for getting an two 128gb SSD however it is actually expensive I be able to only manage to pay for the OCZ 60gb my question is would the RAID 0 setup hard disk advance the performance during loading the applications and games? Any suggestion would be greately appreciated.
    My System specs are:
    i7 950 @ stock speeds
    rampage 2 extreme
    windows XP x64

Re: Help with raid 0 with ocz agility 60gb

It’s really tough on the way to discover comparison between SSD, individuals of us who are seem to be intended for a SSD except other then are uncertain how to a great extent superior it will be than RAID 0 or else just a 7200 RPM drive , particularly by means of these latest hybrid drives black version, blue version.. I well thought-out doing a 3 drive raid by way of 10k raptors except the further I read the more SSD appear to be the new fangled thing.

I would tell you to enable superfetch but I don’t be familiar through why ocz inform public to disable it. All it does is read from the ssd as well as load normally used programs on the way to the ram.Single thing I will advise is to enable power protect write cache it be a small trick by means of windows xp to get free of ssd studdering, as well as they put it in a to a great extent easier to enable way.Go to the device manager and right click on your raid 0 / properties/ Policies / Check "Turn Off Windows Write Cache Buffer Flushing" What this will do is not continuously attempt to glow the write cache, it will remain until the system discontinue using or slow downward on usage of the drive. On no account have any troubles by means of "power loss" data corruption on my mini 9 through this option checked.

I have been messing through my raid set up for last week. I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, plus my first raid set up was using the Gsata ports. Benchmark result was 180 read, 100write. On the other hand, I lately altered to the Intel raid controllers. My performance has greater than before considerably, have my Benchmark result was 350 read, 150 write. I may possibly not assist except become aware of other people's benchmarks consistently 100mb/s quicker in both read as well as writes compared to my set uppresently I have made approximately the whole thing the OCZ forums told me to do
    1.disabled prefetch and superfetch
    2.disabled "allow files to be indexed"
    3.enabled write-caching
    4.turn off windows write-caching buffer
    5.write back cache is enabled.
    6.stripe size is 128

I would recommend cloning your SSDs, wipe them clean (If you have the time) and after this reinstall windows xp hope this might help to get rid of your trouble. Don't make use of the Intel Matrix RAID Driver moreover; it appears to puzzle Win7 for a number of reasons. I have a pair of BSODs in my preceding effort.