Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010

Where to get Apple Hardware Test CD

I want to check if my system hardware is suffering from the some issue for that I want to perform troubleshooting. I want to know how I can carry out this testing will I have to acquire some kind of software application for it. If so please let me know where I can get the application software for testing my MacBook system hardware as I am facing certain kind of performance degradation from quite some time now and I am thinking this might be because of the hardware problem, so I want to carry out the testing. So if anyone knows where I can get the hardware test software application for MacBook laptop please let me know.
Old 10-11-2010

Re: Where to get Apple Hardware Test CD

Yes you can perform the hardware testing for your Apple MacBook for that you need to have the Apple Hardware Test (AHT) that encloses a suite of diagnostics that will perform test on the hardware of your MacBook. This is an excellent technique to find out a hardware concern when troubleshooting your system. This can be best used when you are facing some kind of problem on the hardware in your system while working.
Old 10-11-2010

If you are using Intel-based Apple MacBook with Mac OS X v10.5.4 or previous, you can find the Apple Hardware Test application which will be placed on the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and it should be with your system when you purchased it. If you still don?t have that then you can download it from the official Apple website and get that in the CD or DVD and then you can perform hardware test for your MacBook.
Old 11-11-2010

Think mainly current Mac do not have a different CD for the Apple Hardware Test CD. I think CD/DVD which is for system restores you will get hardware test software in the same. For this you need to check the CD which you have got with the system, if it contains Apple Hardware Test you need to just boot up holding the option key and choose that volume. After which you will be able to carry out the hardware test by troubleshooting.
Old 11-11-2010

There can be many issue of performance degradation of your system and yes it can be hardware issue with your system. If you are using the Intel-based Apple system with Mac OS X v10.5.5 or later on, then you can have Apple Hardware Test that is placed on the Applications Install Disc 2 and it should be there with your system. With you are not using this system then you can download it from the Apple official website for particular system OS you are using. After which you can conduct the hardware test for your system.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,